Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #1

Digital TV Reception

I have a 2004 Forest River Wildwood.I have one antenna cable booster (with the green light when on) in the main room. That tv picks up great. In the bedroom is a antenna jack but it will not pick up any channels. Can I add a antenna cable booster in there also? I also have a cable jack outside . I would like to have a TV out there too sometimes but do I have to have a booster at each co-ax connection?Any help would be appreciated!
hldurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

i wouldn't think a booster would help. do u have a digital tv or a converter in the bedroom? when u hook up to cable, does it work then?
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #3

Never use cable, just over the air HD is what Im trying to receive. The main room is perfect just no channels in the bedroom.Also wanting outside reception if possible with a TV on my jacks.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #4

Actually there is only one booster (amplifier) and its in the antenna itself. The plate with the light on it just controls the booster and does some switching.

That control plate contains a splitter. One output goes to the front of the plate where you connect your main TV. The other splitter output goes to your other TV outlets (thru more splitters if you have more than 2 total). It sounds like there is something wrong with the wiring on the back of the control plate.

Here are a couple of pictures that may help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1424685346.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	40615

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-239504899.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	40616
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #5

i've read (on here) that some have found the connectors behind the plate weren't screwed on enough for the center wire to make contact. may want to pull the amplifier and check the F connectors there.

i would think if they put an outlet in the bedroom that they would have run the wire.
mine is a 2002 and i have a digital tv in the bed room and the tv that came with the trailer in the living room. i have to use a converter on it or it sees nothing.
hopefully, they didn't somehow cut the coax when they put the trailer together. that would not be good.
just for giggles, run a piece of coax from the outlet (w/green light) to the tv in the bedroom and see if the bedroom tv works. that should tell u if u have a problem with the coax in the wall or the tv in the bedroom.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #6

I tried connecting tv at the bedroom and outside , nothing happened. great reception for the main tv though. ill try pulling the plate off and checking.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #7

Would Forest River have installed a splitter for 3 TV's? Just bought this TT a year ago,and just getting around to starting to use it.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #8

Yes, they have to unless you have three antennas on your roof
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #9

Also whats the purpose of the 12V (female cigarette plug on the plates) . I have not used them for anything yet.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #10

LOL now that would be funny,3 antennas
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hldurham View Post
Also whats the purpose of the 12V (female cigarette plug on the plates) . I have not used them for anything yet.
In my RV, two of the TVs are 12v so I could plug them in there. You can use it for anything you want (car phone charger?) as long as it's under 100 watts.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #12

that 12v outlet is for ur tv...a small b&w tv.

when u say u have an outlet outside, do u have that in addition to the cable input?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
Love My Sunseeker

Sometimes a TV is 12 volt, not electric. All three of my TV's are 12 volt. I've had it where I had two TV's and one is electric and one is 12 volt.

Other than that, I haven't had uses for the 12 volt outlet. But if your TV's are electric and you want to boondock and watch TV without running the generator, you can buy cheap 12 volt TV's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hldurham View Post

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
Sometimes a TV is 12 volt, not electric. All three of my TV's are 12 volt. I've had it where I had two TV's and one is electric and one is 12 volt. Other than that, I haven't had uses for the 12 volt outlet. But if your TV's are electric and you want to boondock and watch TV without running the generator, you can buy cheap 12 volt TV's.
I use the 12 volt outlets for car charger for my blackberry on one and to run Sirius on the other one.

B
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception, tv reception