Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #41

Definitely different trailers. Are you sure yours is a 26bh? Regardless, you will most likely have to come in a window with the flat cable. If you can just get everything connected correctly I think we can direct you through getting satellite signal.
Grey9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #42

Hmmm. NO, it's a 26DBH (double bunks). 2014 model. My slide is the dinette and the coach, not the kitchen.

Here's a link to some online dealer's pictures of it.....this one is ours.
http://www.holmanrv.com/New-Inventor...ia-Ohio-374911

Yes, I agree it should be doable. I was ready to discuss with Satellite Oasis today and buy.........but the won't answer the phone!
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #43

That's the difference I have a 26BH. I think the satellite was one of the best things we bought once you get the hang of it! Good luck!
Grey9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #44

Not to beat a dead horse.........but....

I finally got through to the SatelliteOasis guys. They were very helpful. We discussed all this at length.

Much of my conclusions have already been said above somewhere, and I appreciate all the info. Here's what we came up with.

Since I have a H23 receiver (and he said I was lucky to have one) already, I got this dish kit:
DIRECTV HDTV Satellite Dish Tripod Kit for RV / Mobile

The reason is that I might use two TV's but not two receivers, most likely. To put another way, I can live with one receiver. This keeps me from having to buy the SWiM type dish and equipment. SWiM is great, and does a lot, and is what you need if you want multi receivers on one cable to the dish. But yes, much harder to point, etc. Not impossible, and it would work fine for you guys that are better at this.

But for one receiver, this is the one. Cheaper and easier to use and set up.

As for the discussion of going through booster boards and all that......he said that the issue is that the cable from the dish needs to have no splits, connections, etc, or no more than necessary. His suggestion is to get the unit, plug it up via a cable just running in the Trailer door, straight to the receiver. Then go through the motions of setting it up via the instructions on TV from the receiver and see if you get hooked up. If so, THEN he said to disconnect physically and try the cable connections in the trailer. If they don't work, then I'd have to find a way to do what Grey did and run through a window. Otherwise, it's drilling holes in the trailer wall (which is not that big a deal, seems to me.....that's how they installed Direct TV in my house.....by drilling holes in walls)....

I am still having heartache with the tiny TV and the crazy proprietary wall mount, and the tiny space they have to put it. I may just rip all that out and start over with a swing mount and figure a way to get it on and off easily......which is the one benefit of this PAW wall connector.

SO that's it. When it comes in and I get it set up, I'll holler.

Probably REALLY loud!

Thanks again to everyone.

P.S.
ONE IMPORTANT NOTE
Apparently Satellite Oasis and Installer Oasis are two separate websites for the same company. But Installer Oasis is about 25 bucks cheaper! Go fgure. So, FYI......
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #45

Thanks for reporting your results, and congrats on making that jump! :-)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote