Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #1

Question Direct tv hookup in Rv

Can someone tell me why all of the TV's in the RV connect to Direct TV, when I have the Direct TV hooked up with only one box at the main connection in the Entertainment center? I would like to be able to have one of the TV's be only antenna signal.

Thanks'

Melanie Evans
Melanie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #2

You can use your tv antenna with direct tv or dish you have to push the bitten off only with cable !
Cowboy 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3

It would appear that all your TV's are connected via splitter (s) from a common cable and no matter what you have as an input to 1 TV (cable, antenna, satellite) all will be the same. Each TV would have to have it's own selector for input (cable, HDMI etc) or hard wired as such.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Melanie, please tell us what RV you have. (It's best to our that into your Signature and/or Profile information...use the UserCP link in the green bar near the top.)

I'm quite sure that your RV didn't come wired for DirecTV that way. Someone set it up so that you would have Sat on all the TVs. It should be fairly easy for them to undo that feature or add a switch so that you can control it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

My Rv did come wired like this. It is a brand new 2014 Rockwood 8312 ss. I use to have a 2006 Rockwood 2701ss and I could hookup both direct TV and antenna Tv. Something must be wired wrong?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #6

Who installed the DirecTV? Did the dealer do that? Did you order it that way from Rockwood?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #7

Barry, All we do is connect to the outside outlet from the dish to the camper and then hookup box to connection on entertainment center.

Rockwood 8312ss 2014
Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #8

Melanie, would it be possible for you to post a picture of what it is that you are connecting the Sat receiver output to on your Entertainment center?

I think that if you use an HDMI cable to connect the Sat receiver to your TV directly then it probably won't interfere with your other TVs.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #9

I looked at the Features for your RV and it suggests that you have separate Cable and Sat. connectors outside (2 fittings). Hopefully then you are connecting the "dish" outside to the Sat input connector and have found the other end of that wire inside and are connecting it to your Sat receiver "dish" input.

You should then be connecting your main TV to the Sat receiver with an HDMI cable. I have a theory that what is going wrong here is that you are also trying to connect your antenna connection (looks something like this)

Name:   image-2502818167.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  16.2 KB

to your receiver "antenna input" so that the receiver can manage your off-the-air stations as well, but you've mistakenly connected that connection (picture above) to the receiver OUTPUT instead of the antenna input.

If you're not trying to connect your antenna to the receiver, then you should not be connecting that plate (picture above) to the receiver at all (unless the "dish input" is a second connection on that plate).

Can you tell me please which DirecTV receiver model you are using?
Old 09-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #10

Is there a tv antenna booster that doesn't involve selling my oldest grandchild into bondage and actually works?
LouieLeRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieLeRoy View Post
Is there a tv antenna booster that doesn't involve selling my oldest grandchild into bondage and actually works?
Louie, I will send you a private message to avoid taking this thread off-topic.