Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #1

Dish hook up

I have a 2017 Forester. Having trouble getting my Dish hooked up. I have a cabinet below the stereo over the couch which has the connection of the antenna along with the satellite coax connector and an hdmi outlet. I hooked up my Dish to the outside connection, plugged it into the outside outlet. Inside I hooked my Dish receiver to the coax outlet and the hdmi outlet. Turned off the antenna recept so no green light is on. I cannot get a signal from the Dish to the tv. What am i doing wrong? Please help me.
Tgagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

You are most likely not doing anything wrong....other than using the outside coax connection. It appears that this connection is not satellite capable. Forest River has put a splitter in the line after this connection which makes it unusable for sat TV (Directv or Dish). You most likely will have to bring your sat cable in thru a window and connect direct to you receiver.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
You are most likely not doing anything wrong....other than using the outside coax connection. It appears that this connection is not satellite capable. Forest River has put a splitter in the line after this connection which makes it unusable for sat TV (Directv or Dish). You most likely will have to bring your sat cable in thru a window and connect direct to you receiver.
Yep, good possibility this true. Try taking off wall plates and inspection panels and looking for splitters. You might get lucky !
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #4

Tailgater

I did not use the coax cable that came with the King Tailgater . I bought one made for HD that was shorter . I hooked it into the Satellite connector not cable connector .In the cabinet hooked the box to satellite connector ..... works awesome . I also got the Actiontec wireless Hd to play TV in the bedroom .... works perfect .
Jaymundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info. I have run the coax thru the Window and hooked directly into receiver and it worked on front tv only. Then tried to hook it up to the connection inside the cabinet and the outside cable outlet but couldnt get a signal. So it appears that the camper is not satellite ready as i had been told.
Tgagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgagel View Post
Thanks for all the info. I have run the coax thru the Window and hooked directly into receiver and it worked on front tv only. Then tried to hook it up to the connection inside the cabinet and the outside cable outlet but couldnt get a signal. So it appears that the camper is not satellite ready as i had been told.
Satellite ready (pre wire) typically means satellite antenna provisions (coax and maybe power wire) have been routed to the roof for a permanent antenna install not for a carry out antenna.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #7

On the Forester's I believe your sat prewire will be on roof. You see a connector in front of the AC. . Should be a separate connection inside. Not the connection you would use for cable or Ota.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #8

Probably find a single coax and a phone wire. If its is the same as the Georgetown, there is a plumbing vent with some sealant filling the screw hold that holds the cover down.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote