Old 12-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
What is the simplest way to change the service address when we travel.

We haven't had good luck when calling. Is it online chat?
On line chat is worse than a live operator. True story, the last time a Dish tech was at our place, he said if you can tell the conversation with the operator on the phone isn't going your way, hang up. Then, immediately call back and try again to talk to someone who understands what you're trying to do.

philobeddoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #12

If you want to keep your locals at home while traveling, then don't change the locals. Use your antenna for locals. If you travel out of your home service area a lot then maybe set up a separate pay as you go account for the RV.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
I usually just call but I have used "live chat" before and it worked really well. Can't hurt to give it a try, I think you will be satisfied with the result. I save the chat to a pdf file when we have completed the chat and that way I have a record of what was requested.
Notice you have Tundra,
Wife and myself recently retired, about to pull the trigger on 3029W Windjammer, do you feel confident that our 2014 Tundra 1794 Edition CrewMax 4 x 4 with 5.7 will handle it adequately.

Any response appreciated.

G Gossler
GGOSSLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #14
We like DISH and have used them for several years. While RVing we've found that whatever we are told on the phone is rarely true. Our billing address is almost always changed everytime we camp. (Have to call them to get it changed to our residence)
We've been told several things about local channels where we camp. One time they sent a "signal" to where we were camping. We got the local channels for that campsite area and we also were still able to get our local channels from our residence. When we got home we had the same channels until we called to have our service (and billing address) switched back to our residence.
I've never been able to figure out why they would change your billing address when you tell them you are in your RV for a week or so.
Anyway, DISH has a nice satellite finder app that is easy to use so I can see if my Tailgator has a clear line of sight to those satellites.
With DISH our bill has always been the same each month. When we had Direct, it changed nearly every month for various reasons that didn't make a lot of sense.
5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #15
Has anyone used dish or direct while camping in Canada??

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

I am nice!

Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote