Old 10-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfacente View Post
You can not have a splitter in the cable between the receiver and dish multiswitch. The technology uses voltage to power and make selections in the lnb (dish head) unit..
Well sir I might not have a splitter, but it is a 4 way coax connector and it works just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01737.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	92761  

Old 10-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #12

Well sir what you have is a multiswitch. It is a dish product designed to work as your dish installer installed it. The rf off air splitters inside the rv operate up to the 900 mhz range. Dish Satellite feeds operate in the 2.7 gig range. They look like a big splitte and cone on 2, 4, and 8 way configurations. Call your Dish tech line, they will explain it to you easier than I can on this thread.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfacente View Post
Well sir what you have is a multiswitch. It is a dish product designed to work as your dish installer installed it. The rf off air splitters inside the rv operate up to the 900 mhz range. Dish Satellite feeds operate in the 2.7 gig range. They look like a big splitte and cone on 2, 4, and 8 way configurations. Call your Dish tech line, they will explain it to you easier than I can on this thread.
You are wrong sir, the Dish tech merely re-arranged the coax cables from the factory. He added nothing, I watched him the entire time. I had the standard box plugged in and the Dish antenna (which is permanently mounted on a concrete anchored pole installed in 2008 for our old 2008 Flagstaff which he also rewired)hooked to the trailer. Didn't even have a Tailgater at the time. I got the Tailgater late last year just exchanged the old box for the one that came with the Tailgater and I added the 4 coax connector and the coax cable to the rear and to the pinbox with the option of hooking a coax to the tripod if needed this spring.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #14

X2 some of the manufacturers wire the sat cable into the booster. The booster amp will not allow the signal tonpass through. I installed a separate connector to the same.plate the booster is on and screwed the sat cable straight into.the new connector. I have directv but same principal applies. I keep my sat connected at home all the time. the 5vr is my man cave a lot of Sunday afternoons.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #15

My last two campers had a jumper coax. When I wanted to use the outside connection with cable or some other input I had to move the coax from one spot to another. Mine looked a little like the plate on the left.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #16

i had a piece of the out side wire wraped around the inside wire after i got that fixed it worked right
Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
My last two campers had a jumper coax. When I wanted to use the outside connection with cable or some other input I had to move the coax from one spot to another. Mine looked a little like the plate on the left.
I did something like this TIE, except I added the second coax connector on the same outlet. I removed the cable that comes in from the outside off of the booster and connected to the new connector on the plate that I had modified.

In the meantime I moved my receiver and need the kind of splitter OC has so I can fed either sat to the rcvr or catv to the booster outlet... without having to unscrew and screw coaxial cables each time.

I can't find my photo.
WW
Old 10-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #18

I stand by my advice, call Dish Tech Support 1 800 454 0843 and explain your situation, thru will tell you what's going on and how to remedy it. Then share your solution. I think we are getting hung up on semantics of the splitter between the sat dish and the sat receiver box.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #19

See the attached schematics of how to utilize the existing
outside cable connection to bring into the RV both
CATV and a Satellite signal. I provided two schematics
showing the connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diplexer.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	92793  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diplexer.pdf (138.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-25-2015, 10:59 AM   #20

Just a quick note Winegard has diplexers check their site and if
you what a detail explanation of the diplexers see wikipedia.

Gary