Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #21
dgibbs1955

You are able to select when your Wally receives the daily download of information. This is what causes the the loss of signal message to appear. I have my mine set up for the middle of the night, and then when I turn in for the night, I select channel 120, History Channel....for some reason this channel will keep the satellite locked onto it and not lose the signal like you always see. The Wally's do not have a Power unit to boost the signal like the Hooper/Joeys that you may have at home. Dish knows this and for whatever reason, will not create a program that solves this problem. I have been talking to them for 2 months about this problem. I am up to the Office of the President now, so who knows where that we take me.

2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4X4, "Decluttered" and Tuned/2020 Riverstone 39RKFB/2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide CVO.
Summer in Blair,Nebraska.
Winter at home in Azle, TX.
dgibbs1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #22

My problem is that I can not get it to go to through the setup function when connected through the rv. On the outside of my RV, I have a coax input for "bedroom satellite, living room satellite and cable". My connection from the "main" on the receiver dish is connected to the living room satellite input. Behind the TV, I have coax outputs for "Cable, roof satellite, and aux". My Wally box is connected to the aux input/output. I know the dish and box work, because when I connect the dish directly to the box (long coax running through my rv livingroom), everything works fine. Wally starts up, goes through the select your state function and then the dish starts moving in search for the satellite. I know my connections inside and outside are correct, because I was able to get the unit to work correctly when we were in Yellowstone. However, now, no setup function and no bueno.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #23

My research has found that you can't connect to the outside SAT in. You have to run directly to the receiver. That's the only thing keeping me from buying one right now.
cristofer.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #24

Get a flat catv wire and go through a window. Did that for 6 years till I put in my own sat boxes front and rear.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #25

If you can find the splitter check to see if it a 1ghz, splitter, if it is change it out with a 2.4 ghz, dish and direct TV use higher freq.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristofer.a View Post
My research has found that you can't connect to the outside SAT in. You have to run directly to the receiver. That's the only thing keeping me from buying one right now.
Mine works with the Sat in and the Aux will work with a receiver in the bedroom. I just had to put new ends on the coax.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #27

Dish

As I mentioned before, I was told by the Dish reps that the internal RV wiring very often has splitters and other nonsense. If you connect directly to the receiver from the Pathway II you will more than likely meet with success.
I hated to drill 2 holes through my coach but after I did, all was well. The coax fittings were cheap and did the job.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #28

Yes, connecting straight from the dish to the back of the receiver works fine. I just need to figure out how to connect through the aux input inside and the living room sat input outside.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #29

I have a 2019 Rockwood 2509S. I only have 1 tv. Outside I have 2 inputs Cable and Satellite. I have the Dish Playmaker Dual portable dish. When I run the coax directly to the receiver, all works well. As soon as I switch to the Satellite input on the outside of the RV, I have issues. I know there is a signal coming through the coax as I used a portable over the air antennae hooked into the Satellite input, hooked the TV to the Sat. output inside the TV. I received over the air channels.

My question is: Why won't my receiver receive the signal from the Sat. Dish?
capehank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #30

I had to actually remove some inside walls to expose the cables. That's when I found my original setup was hooked up to a splitter. After I disconnected it from the splitter and then made sure the TV connection was solid with no splits, my satellite worked. It is also possible you have another tv coax site elsewhere in your trailer. Mine has one in the bedroom, one the main living area, and two outside in my separate storage compartments so I could literally have 4 tvs hooked up.
rogerkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #31

Evidently you have a splitter somewhere. Satellite signal will not feed through a splitter. If you can find it, you can replace it with a diplexor which will let the signal through.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #32

When we bought this TT, new in Jan. '14, I bought a satellite DISH system which had a Turbo HD dish and Wally. I, we as in friends while camping, could not get this system to work. Like others a call to DISH told me that there were splitters within the cable system of the TT. And like others I found that a "home run" cable straight from the satellite dish to the Wally worked fine. I ran a "home run" cable from close to the TV through the entertainment center, under the bed, through a cabinet to a new cable inlet I put in the exterior wall of the TT. This has worked fine for us.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #33

Like others have stated, you need to hook directly to your Wally. I put a coax connection through the side of my entertainment room slide out. It was scary drilling that hole, but all went well and my Tailgater works great. Typically RV coax is installed with the cheapest splitters they can buy, and they won't handle a HD satellite signal.
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
Ok, I think I truly hate this thing. The Pathway 2 is supposed to be super easy to setup, just 1 coax to run the whole thing. Seems every time I pull this thing out of storage, it's a fight to get it to work. Today, was/is no exception. Here's what I do:
Setup the antenna so it faces south.
Plug in the coax into the antenna and the other end into the Satellite in connection (located in the outdoor utility cabinet on the rv)
Go inside and plug in the Wally receiver.

At this point, it should pop up with a screen that asks what state you are in and then it will start to self align itself and when finised, you should be good to go.

However, I can not get it to come up on the "select state" screen. I've tried unplugging the Wally receiver several times, unplugging and replugging the coax and nothing works. Youtube is not much help. All the video's show just plugging it in and following the prompts, however, I get no prompts.

Anyone have experience with these units and some insight into what to check. Would definitely appreciate it.

The first thing you do is to point the handle, coax connector North.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #35
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbs1955 View Post
You are able to select when your Wally receives the daily download of information. This is what causes the the loss of signal message to appear. I have my mine set up for the middle of the night, and then when I turn in for the night, I select channel 120, History Channel....for some reason this channel will keep the satellite locked onto it and not lose the signal like you always see. The Wally's do not have a Power unit to boost the signal like the Hooper/Joeys that you may have at home. Dish knows this and for whatever reason, will not create a program that solves this problem. I have been talking to them for 2 months about this problem. I am up to the Office of the President now, so who knows where that we take me.
Brilliant! No one could figure out why we lost signal every afternoon. Great reception morning, then put the set to a music channel. It would play for hours. Then come in for the evening news and it lost signal. I need to find out how to schedule that daily download. Thanks for the tip.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnrc73 View Post
Like others have stated, you need to hook directly to your Wally. I put a coax connection through the side of my entertainment room slide out. It was scary drilling that hole, but all went well and my Tailgater works great. Typically RV coax is installed with the cheapest splitters they can buy, and they won't handle a HD satellite signal.
Ya, I'm probably not going to be drilling any holes through the trailer just yet. I'm has worked before through the outside and inside connections, so not sure why it doesn't now.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #37

Besides not using splitters I have found placing the satellite too close to the trailer (even when the sky is not blocked) can interfer with your reception. I also have noticed certain consistent times that reception may not be as good as others, as if a satellite is missing or its signal is not as strong.
rogerkathy is offline   Reply With Quote