Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #11
Berkshire 390QS
Even when you cancel your account, they maintain it and we just call and have it started again. Sure you lose the access to mydish account on their web site, but when you restart it's all right there. You do not have to reestablish new account, just have them restart the same account.

2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #12
Sounds like S.O.P. for Dish network. When I signed up, I was quoted one price. Then, Dish jacked it up almost $20 / month AND told me I had to pay another $5 / month when I don't use it. Whenever a company f&*#s me, I drop them. I get DVDs at my local library. I rip them onto an external hard drive, watch them while I'm on the road and then delete the file (time shifting; legal according to the US Supreme Court).

jkoenig24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Exactly well put

Originally Posted by no3putt View Post
we have dish pay as you go and have used it for several years. (direct at home)

providing you own your equipment including the reciever.

1. When you come off the road and do not want the service, call and cancel your service otherwise they will keep billing your account.
2. If you ask them to suspend your account, they will keep billing you $5 a month and a reactivation fee.

They key thing is you want you account canceled and just restart it when you wish resume your services, they will even credit you for the part of the month you didn't use.

2013 A122-BH
2012 F150 SC ECO BOOST
TRAVELINBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #14
I have dish at home and in my RPod. Whenever I ran into problems it was because I was directed to the rep in Philippines, so I just said to transfer me to America. The problems got resolved right away
Beemer Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #15
Team Bleu
I have Dish HD, own all my own equipment, but when in use from February 25th til December 1st, I pay the monthly bill even if my RV is sitting in the driveway for a few weeks. Only time it goes on Pause is December $5.95 a month.

We tried to put it on Pause for a few weeks take it off and back on and it became a hassle
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
If you have DirectTV at home, you can use any DirectTV antenna on/with your RV and use the box from your house with it. The only thing you will not get is your local network stations which are generally restricted to a 50+mi radius from home.

DirectTV has a service, DNS (Distant Network Service) that provides the network feeds from either NYC or LA, depending on where your current registered location is. This service costs an additional $5/month and cannot be added to your home account due to network licensing restrictions. If you want to use this, you need a separate account for the RV. An alternative to DNS, saving the $5/mopnth is to constantly "relocate" yourself with DirectTV and they'll provide the "local" network stations which could be a few hundred miles away. For example, in the SW corner of NM, the local stations are from Albuquerque, NM.

I use a tripod mounted 5-satellite SWM antenna in the RV. TV isn't important enough to set it up for a night or two but when we're staying somewhere for a week or so, the dish gets set up. It usually takes around 15 minutes to get it correctly aimed.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #17
We have Direct TV, travel with roof dish and Direct TV receiver in TT. Have another receiver and dish at beach house. Direct TV bills me $5.00 month for each additional receiver. Only the receivers at home are HD. Doesn't seem to be a problem. Leave them active year round. If idle for 30-90 days sometime have to call to activate receiver at beach or in TT.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #18
sounds like WAY too much hassle just to have TV. Are all the headaches associated with it worth it?
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #19
Way too much hassle for the DW and I. We are strictly over the air watchers and almost everything is in HD. We are also OTA at home getting way more channels than we can watch. Also have a OTA DVR from channel master that records, pause, fast forward and rewind. Getting ready for a trip we will record many hours of tv watching and movies bringing the DVR with us. Our portable hard drive (1TB) and the DVR fills the gaps on a rainy day all for free and in HD. It's rare when we are at a campground to hook up to there cable if available, our antenna on the camper does a pretty good job of picking up local channels and networks all in HD.

2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote