Old 03-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
DM2652LBX Replacement Options?

First off, My Wildwood has a Dometic 2652 LBX Fridge in it, it's 6.0 cubic foot. The part number is DM2652LBX, I've seen other fridges that have RB at the end instead of the LB, and I think it only means what side the door is on, however I'm not sure what the "X" is for, does anyone know?

Second, Do I have to replace the old one with a Dometic, could I switch brands to say Norcold, as long as it's a 6.0 cubic feet fridge? Does anyone know if I could put it a 6.0 Cubic Foot Residential In the space of the Old one, or has anyone tried this? I know it would need a couple of batteries and an inverter to keep it running while traveling, Not worries on hooking all the electric up to power it differently, I'm more worried about the "fit" of the fridge, and I'm sure that some Baby Latches would work to keep the doors from swinging open if that becomes an option.

The cooling unit went bad in my current one, popped off the outside panel and was greeted with Nice piles of yellow powder, so I know the ammonia all leaked out, and the price of a new cooling unit isn't that much different from a new fridge, "Dometic is Really PROUD of their Fridges"

Thanks for everyones time, and answers

hannibaljv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
511 Runneburg Rd.
Crosby, TX 77532

Steve Schreiber - RVRN Ambassador
Steve Schreiber - RVRN Ambassador
Gulf Coast RV Refrigeration
511 Runneburg Rd.
Crosby, TX 77532

Cajun Style is online now   Reply With Quote