Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #161

If I'm watching a DVD on the Genesis 3.0 I have to have the surround sound on to hear it. It doesn't produce sound out of the TV. I would like to be able to watch a DVD with only the sound coming from the TV. Can this be done? It currently will not.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #162

I have the Genisis 2.0 and in my new 2012 2608ss and the DVD will load sometimes and play and other times it will not. I have tried different DVDs and they won't work at all. Any suggestion on what might be the problem.

Thanks Walter
Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterw11 View Post
I have the Genisis 2.0 and in my new 2012 2608ss and the DVD will load sometimes and play and other times it will not. I have tried different DVDs and they won't work at all. Any suggestion on what might be the problem.

Thanks Walter
I think they have a bad batch of dvd drives in these new Genesis 2.0 units. I had the same issue with mine, it wouldn't play any disc I put in it. The screen would just say "load" and would lock up. I pulled it out and sent it back to the Forest River parts dept. for replacement.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #164

Just out on our first camping trip in our new to us unit. 2007 rockwood 8287SS fifth wheel We plugged in our camper to the CATV with coax cable and had a worse picture than I would have expected with rabbit ears in a concrete bunker. I have no idea what model it just says concertone amfmcddvcmp3 stereo or something like that.

It also makes a buzzing noise all the time.

Last night I went nuts and ripped the whole thing out of the cupboard, I was appalled at the wiring job done by the factory, and the holes they knocked into the wall panel behind the cupboard.

I basically took every wire apart, separated them, found the coax wire running beside romex AC line voltage wiring, wrapped it in aluminum foil as I figured it would be the cheap stuff with no shielding. Nothing has shielding, the speaker wires are getting noise from some of the electrics in the unit, every time I turn on a light fixture I get another set of buzzes, and there is a hum all the time in the camper that goes away every time the tv or radio is off.

My previous Jayco trailer, also had a "cheaper" AV unit, but it was simple and always worked great.

I have to say that the Concertone unit has to be one of the best concepts I've seen for an RV system as it covers the bases in terms of what you would want to plug in, came prewired for an XM with a mount in the wall. (not sure If I would subscribe again, just cancelled a couple of years back.) But nice they thought of it. It seems in reading through the comments that those with problems are upset and rightly so. Those without problems aren't upset, and If my unit worked flawlessly I would be very pleased, as the concept is excellent. You can hook up computers, AV equipment, video game consoles, the system runs on 12V power, handles, CD, DVD, television from air, sat and catv, radio from weather band, am and fm, apparently can play MP3's no idea how, but if it just had a mini RCA and or Ipod hook up it would be perfect.
That and a good installation, a manual for the unit itself.

So if anyone has solved the buzz please let me know. If bob is aware of the issue he can let me know. I really appreciate the fact that the manufacturer is here to discuss and help resolve issues. Interesting to hear that the forest river folks may switch suppliers. In my case though I'd say the bigger issue is the installation not the head unit itself. I am tempted to circumvent the whole thing and put in all my own stuff, I feel I may have enough older equipment in my house to do it, but the wiring is still pretty suspect.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanks2 View Post
If I'm watching a DVD on the Genesis 3.0 I have to have the surround sound on to hear it. It doesn't produce sound out of the TV. I would like to be able to watch a DVD with only the sound coming from the TV. Can this be done? It currently will not.
What say ye?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanks2 View Post
What say ye?
Yes, it can be done. You will need to run a set of RCA audio cables from the concertone output (rear of the unit) to the TV's audio input. Shouldn't take more the 15-20 minutes to run a cable. providing the TV is close to the Concertone unit.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #167

Bob I finally got around to doing more test on my unit. I disconnected and reconnect all coax cables at the 4 way splitter I replaced and I now have video. still cannot play a dvd and the video is not the best. horizontal lines thru it. I found some speaker wires loose where I had pulled the unit so many times. I think I crossed a couple of speaker wires as they are not all working now. I will study the diagram and attempt to straighten it out. I don't know why I cannot play a dvd. The back of the tv has a video connection and also the rca plugs. are the rca plugs output or in?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #168
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilicia View Post
Yes, it can be done. You will need to run a set of RCA audio cables from the concertone output (rear of the unit) to the TV's audio input. Shouldn't take more the 15-20 minutes to run a cable. providing the TV is close to the Concertone unit.
Hey, good reply - I would have said no, but you are thinking outside the box and are right! Of course they will also need to shut off all speaker zones.

GREAT JOB!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #169
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill and theresa View Post
Bob I finally got around to doing more test on my unit. I disconnected and reconnect all coax cables at the 4 way splitter I replaced and I now have video. still cannot play a dvd and the video is not the best. horizontal lines thru it. I found some speaker wires loose where I had pulled the unit so many times. I think I crossed a couple of speaker wires as they are not all working now. I will study the diagram and attempt to straighten it out. I don't know why I cannot play a dvd. The back of the tv has a video connection and also the rca plugs. are the rca plugs output or in?
Bill, take a picture and post...
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #170
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by althebuilder View Post
Just out on our first camping trip in our new to us unit. 2007 rockwood 8287SS fifth wheel We plugged in our camper to the CATV with coax cable and had a worse picture than I would have expected with rabbit ears in a concrete bunker. I have no idea what model it just says concertone amfmcddvcmp3 stereo or something like that......
Hi Al,

Knowing the model number is pretty important for giving you specific feedback. Please checkout Concertone® Product Gallery to see if you can identify.

In a 2007 RV you MAY have a ZX500. If so, that does NOT have a digital tuner and that may be why your having TV picture troubles to start, but we really need more information.

1. Model Concertone?
2. Model TV? Year?
3. Did it ever work that you know of?

Lets start there...
(781) 281-9440
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #171

Glad you look forward to your new job. Perhaps you can straighten them out. Personally, I've a zx600 bought in March with my new Wolf Pack that has Alzheimers. It cannot remember from day to day what each button supposed to do. It's memory always gets better at the dealership though. Took me a week for it to remember what the eject button was for so that I could get Green Hornet out of it. After that, I would put in a disc, it said that it was loading, and then it would spit the disc back out for a week. I finally got it to show Captain America last Tuesday, but as of today, it doesn't want to give it up. As I am writing, the mute button turns it on and off. Replacing it on my own, but need a wiring diagram to know what goes with what in my Wolfpack since Forrest River doesn't include wiring diagrams on it's units either.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #172

I found a better way to fix the player problem, I took that load of junk out and recycled it. And replaced it with a
JENSEN AWM960 RV WALL MOUNT CD/DVD PLAYER W AM/FM RADIO

$200.00

It's all wired into the trailer and best of all, IT WORKS..........
2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S
Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #173

Bob,

Quite a long time ago I was happy to speak with you on the telephone regarding IPODs and the Z700.

Since then, I've emailed you four times, but for some reason it seems you've chosen not to respond to any of these.

On no occasion were my emails hostile, degrading, etc; all were simply information requests, answerable from any knowledgeable member of your company.

You, your subordinates, and staff are a bit remiss, aren’t you? After all, I was simply attempting to determine the status of those possible additions to my particular unit-- in my RV. By the way, I also had two questions about reception enhancement as well.

The lack of responsiveness over these months doesn’t lead me toward your system. And, perhaps, readers of this forum might be interested in your non-communicative tone where they will draw an appropriate conclusion.

At the minimum, business ethics and common courtesy dictates proper answers.

Sincerely,
Mike
Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #174
Site Team

Greetings!
We are going to lock this thread because it is getting so large and
unmanageable.

There is a new discussion starting here---
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...2-a-17933.html

Remember to GIVE YOUR MODEL NUMBER and all other pertinent information.
If you have specific issues you need to give specific details.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Closed Thread