Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #41
The Old Man

Bob

I think it's amazing that any company representative would actually come on a special-interest forum and put his head on the chopping block.

If only we had reps from Suburban, Dometic, etc. -- or even Forest River!

Thanks for trying. So far I've had no problems with my Concertone unit but the positive experiences seldom get mentioned.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #42

Send a message via Yahoo to bama13110
Bob, I have a system, that I have had unplugged for 6 years, When I did have it plugged in after about 5 minutes I get a constant LOUD hum. I gave up with the dealer or dealers..any suggestions
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #43

I have a unit that has had a loud hum since the day I purchased the 5th wheel. Dealers were no help. Do you have any suggestions
Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #44

I have an 08 Flagstaff V lite and the original ZX 600 went out the first day home, and the dealer replaced that one at my house with a new unit, and it has been trouble free since- 3+ years now. Thanks Bob, for being here for everyone. You are truly a great guy! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #45
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
bama13110 - it sounds like you need to start with a good review of our system - as ion double check all the wiring connections. You may have an input swapped with an output causing the hum.

Also does this happen in all modes of operation?

If you do not understand audio electronics and 12Volt wiring you should seriously consider professional help. Let me know where you are at and I'll see if I can dig you up a referral. Of course this will cost you money…
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #46

Bob, it is good to see you back. I was starting to think you were gone for good. I have only had my camper for a month, but so far so good with mine. Just wanted to let you know we appreciate you here.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #47

Bob, thanks for the reply, I had had the system out several times, checked the ground etc. It does this is all modes, on all speakers. It does not even have to be turned on, as soon as I plug in the connections. No bare wires that I can see, maybe somewhere in wiring but not accessable. I have worked on this type of electronics before (retired army) so no issues with that, I really think that is is the unit. I just leave it disconnected
Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #48
Owner - RVtronics

ok, good.
The unit is 6 years old now?
Have you checkout out our Service Plan to replace it?
Concertone® Service Plan Explanation
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #49

It will be 7yo this Sep, no I have not, this is the first I have spoke to anyone about it since I gave up on the dealer. I will take a look.
thanks
Terry
Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #50

concertone ??

Bob, thanks for trying to help us.. I own a 2009 26rlss Puma TT. It was slightly used . We purchased it last fall 2010. Unfortunately Not much in the way of Owners manuals came with it. How do i know if i have a concertone ?? Can i get a manual ?? Thank you
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #51
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
Bob, it is good to see you back. I was starting to think you were gone for good. I have only had my camper for a month, but so far so good with mine. Just wanted to let you know we appreciate you here.
I am glad things are working well!

I am not going any where - except to Branson for the FROG Rally this weekend! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #52
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
Bob, thanks for trying to help us.. I own a 2009 26rlss Puma TT. It was slightly used . We purchased it last fall 2010. Unfortunately Not much in the way of Owners manuals came with it. How do i know if i have a concertone ?? Can i get a manual ?? Thank you
Please checkout Concertone® Product Gallery
(781) 281-9440
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #53

Hi Bob glad you are here to help us answer questions. I do have one for ya, pick up my brand new TT 2011 Wildwood 26TBSS two weeks ago and has a ZX50 in it...for some reason it would not pick up any FM frequencies, just AM??? Dealer is thinking about sending it back to the manufacture and get me a new one, however i am thinking about upgrading to a ZX75...anyway that you can help with that??? Thx in advance~Geno
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #54

Question concertone help

Somehow i was sent an email instead of it going to Bob Fields, check the posts goingback a few and get his phone # and checkout their website YOU can UPgrade to a better unit (75 )..Good luck !!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #55
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detgeno View Post
Hi Bob glad you are here to help us answer questions. I do have one for ya, pick up my brand new TT 2011 Wildwood 26TBSS two weeks ago and has a ZX50 in it...for some reason it would not pick up any FM frequencies, just AM??? Dealer is thinking about sending it back to the manufacture and get me a new one, however i am thinking about upgrading to a ZX75...anyway that you can help with that??? Thx in advance~Geno
First you will want to check your antenna & connections to ensure they are good and connected properly. Then you will want to verify your system grounds. Each of these can dramatically affect your reception. Please have dealer check these before ordering a new one! Also give them my contact information if it would be helpful!

If you wanted to upgrade to the ZX75 you could can ask your dealer or utilize our Service Plan for Chassis Size B. The net cost for the upgrade would be $149.95. Please see Concertone® Service Plan Explanation for details and feel free to call me aith any questins you may have.
(781) 281-9440
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #56

Bob, I have a quick question for you about my unit in my 2008 flagstaff 5th wheel. After a period of time the radio will go all static and you can faintly hear the music, news etc but the DVD player and the line in work perfectly. I just had it to the dealer for it's spring service and they couldn't duplicate the concern but after I had it home, and started loading it up the radio did act up. Any ideas on what might be the issue? Also if it sits for about 2-3 hours it will be fine for a while but then we loose it again.

As far as I can tell without running out to the trailer I have either the ZX400 or the ZX600
Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #57
Owner - RVtronics

I would double check the ground connection on the radio and potentially your Antenna. Also where is the antenna mounted and is it a good quality antenna.
Get a good stainless steel universal antenna at your local auto parts store and try that as a test as well. They are not expensive.
(781) 281-9440
Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #58

Hi Bob,
We have a ZX100 in our high wall pop up. The CD door was a little "loose" and would sometimes slowly open on its own. Two years ago the CD door opened, got knocked, and the hinge broke. We don't really use the CD player much so we "fixed" the door with electrical tape (I had no idea how to get a replacement. We asked the local RV repair and dealer (not a FR dealer) how to get it fixed and he said to go buy a new radio - somewhere - but couldn't tell us know to get one).

The CD unit actually worked until last season, but now it has totally died. We'd like to replace the unit, but see you don't have it on the website anymore.

My husband has XM, so would consider that unit, but where do you plug in the antenna? We can't see from the info/pics on the website (they don't blow up large enough). He'd like to buy a new antenna instead of move the one from the truck back and forth, but is it the same plug? I didn't see one for sale on your site and we want to get the right one.

Also, the site says they ship in 4-5 business days!!! Is there any way we can get a unit shipped in 1-2? I'm willing to pay expedited shipping as we would like to have it to install this coming weekend.

Thanks!

my email is wildcatwmn@aol.com
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #59

Concertone Manual

Hello Bob, I have a ZX600 and was wondering what the "key" setting in the audio setup is for? It does not cover this in the Manual.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #60

Need help hooking up TV to Concertone

Hi Bob,
I have a 2006 Cardinal 29LE and my Concertone seems to work but I pulled out the 2 ton TV and replaced it with a 22" VIZIO I would like to be able to connect it to the TV. I would like to be able to use the speakers, any way of making this work??

Thanks George
2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S
Closed Thread