Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Do you need Concertone Support?

As many of you know, I recently joined the makers of Concertone full-time as Vice President Sales & Marketing and while more than a few of you think I am nuts, I believe in the company and our opportunities to provide a great system. To demonstrate my belief, I am even moving to Elkhart within 10 days to open a customer support center there. We are doing this to support our GROWING business.

That said I don’t want any of you experiencing problems to slip through the cracks as we build this department and hire a couple of customer support agents. Today, I really need your help if you want me to help you. To be clear, I am MOVING as we speak and until I hire a tech or two I need your help to help keep me straight.

PLEASE contact me directly via email or phone. This will help me understand your issue and connect you with the appropriate party to help you. If we have already communicated via this forum, please still email me to ensure I have the whole story and am up to date. Please do not assume I am all set and you are waiting for my response.

These nameless posts with incomplete information coupled with my schedule that prevents me from constantly searching threads (new & old) for new information does not help me help you. I am not suggesting that you stop participating in this or any other Forum to speak your mind, but just give me a real opportunity to help you. I would also ask that if you have a new problem that you post a NEW thread. Opening up three year old threads is not really relevant.

Please, I invite any of you to contact me directly!

If your product is covered under RV warranty, I have no choice but to direct you back to your dealer. That is my directive and orders from the factory. If you are having ongoing or multiple issues, I can help escalate the issue to try and minimize your frustration, but I will absolutely work in partnership with FR & the Dealer! Also, if you have not reported your issue to your dealer, but figure you will tell him the next time you are there, do yourself a BIG favor and call the dealer to report you have an issue. No one will want to hear your unit broke during the warranty period, but you never reported it.

If your product is NOT covered under warranty then I can help you directly. We will evaluate each situation and determine a course of action. Please understand that does not mean I will automatically replace your units for no charge, but I will endeavor to resolve your issues as best we can.

Again, I would also ask for your patience with me personally for a bit longer as my house is about 70% packed and ready to go. The moving truck arrives next Thursday so realistically; I need a few weeks to be setup fully in Elkhart. Just in time for the holidays!

I have enjoyed getting to know some of you and look forward to knowing more of you. I also hope we can meet on the road as we all travel the country. It would be great to try and plan a gathering of Forum users, maybe even in Elkhart!

Thanks!
Bob
(310) 320-9910 x121 - Office
bfields@concertone.com
Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #2

That`s very nice of you, but.......................first of all I rid myself of that plague 2 years ago after 3 different units had different problems. I replaced it with a JVC car head unit. I have all the same functions, including surround, and I installed a speaker switch to switch from inside to outside speakers. the problem is that the Concertone needs to be built by qualified individuals with proper parts, not who or whatever is the cheapest. I don`t think I would want to spend $100 to repair a $25 stereo. I`m not trying to be negative here these are just my thoughts, and I`m sure others will agree.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

“That’s nice of me?” Man, where have you been?

Granted I was not here two years ago for you, but a quick search will show you the rest of the story of my participation these last few months - hence you would recognize my opening sentence, “As many of you know, I recently joined the makers of Concertone …”

My notice here (in this thread) is to update all those I have been working with through various threads (or those that are ASSUMING I am seeing their questions). If you read those you will see I make no claims that "none of you have had issues." In fact, I specifically say, "that where there is smoke there is fire."

That said there are many reasons that issues can be seen (and felt) that are outside of the control of Concertone. Most specifically, the installation wiring that many have finally been "discovered" as the real reason for their product non-performance. AGAIN, I am NOT saying we have been perfect, BUT there are "other" reasons that could be at fault other than us using (or not using in your opinion) "qualified individuals or proper parts."

I am not sure why you are talking about $100 repairs OR what $25 radio is involved as we have not previously offered any repair or service programs nor does our radio ONLY cost $25. Hey, but people have ASKED for it so stayed tuned for our Service/Repair Program that we will be announcing VERY SOON!

I see you say you’re not, but CLEARLY you are being "negative here" - BUT I am OK with that. People (like yourself) have had problems and they were not taken care of in a manner that satisfied them. To be clear, I am only OK with understanding WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM, NOT that you got to the point that you felt you needed to change equipment. Understand? I hope so!

Lastly and as you admit, your JVC does NOT have all the same functionality as the Concertone. At a minimum we know from your post that you needed to install a switch to control your speakers. I am sure a review of the feature set would show additional features not include, but apparently they are features you can live without (which is also good information as maybe we should not include them – hence take out the cost).

I am a long time car audio guy and would NEVER disparage JVC (or any other manufacturer). My job is to make sure we have the best product and support available to our customers. As I have said, I am EXCITED about our future and can only hope we make such positive waves that you have no choice but to take another look at us!

I live for the day that may happen and hopefully we can even meet out on the road someday. Let me know if you ever make it out to Elkhart, IN (home of the RV Industry). I am available as best as I can be and I even say who I really am with all current contact information (as opposed to most people on this forum). I am who I am and that’s the best I can be!

I wish you the very best until that time!
Bob Fields
bfields@concertone.com
(310) 320-9910 x121 - Office
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #4

Mr. Fields,

Thank you for you efforts in helping us with our problems. Hopefully knowledge will be gained on both sides resulting in a better product and higher customer satisfaction. I hope the other manufactuers of RV products take note and follow suit.

Again, thanks for the help you have already offered and in advanced for what assistance I am sure you will provide in the future.

P.S. Your suggestion in an earlier post of disconnecting the power for a few minutes when the concertone would not turn on and then trying again after re-connecting worked for me on my current zx600. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
P.S. Your suggestion in an earlier post of disconnecting the power for a few minutes when the concertone would not turn on and then trying again after re-connecting worked for me on my current zx600. Thanks.
I am glad and sad at the same time! I wish you did not need to do that, but I am glad it reset the processors and solved your issue!

All the best!
(781) 281-9440
Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #6

Bob I am kind of new to this site and to Concertone. I had problems because mine was not digital. Your help resolved my problem and my situation cannot be the only one . mine operates fine. No problems on two trips and I am confident it will continue to perform. Thanks and good luck.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #7

Bob Thanks for your communication on this forum, and as you stated it well take time to set up , but I know you well offer a much needed service to this forums members.

I want to thank you for your nice reply yesterday and hope your transition at Elkhart is a smooth one.

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
Old 10-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #8

Bob,

Great post! You've made one of the best moves of any rep, you've made yourself available!!!!! Whether the comments are negative or positive (most only complain and not compliment), you are there for the customer (I tried to call them "clients" makes them seem more important to me). I am confident that the actions you have taken will make great strides for Concertone! Please keep up the great work. Good luck with your move to Elkhart and getting settled in. I'm sure there are still many hurrdles ahead.

Kirk
Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #9

I just bought 2008 8314ss and need help

The Concertone plays music through the surround sound speakers and sounds amazing. The tv will not play through the surround sound though. I turn on the tv and then the radio. Then hit the function key until input 2 shows. This is what the directions say. I checked out the wiring on the back and there was one out. It only fits into the audio in or out connectors. If I plug it into audio input nothing happens. If I plug it into audio out the tv speakers stop and then I have no sound.
The other problem is when plugged into cable the tv finds no stations.

Any help would be appereciated.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub1963 View Post
The Concertone plays music through the surround sound speakers and sounds amazing. The tv will not play through the surround sound though.
Just a guess because yours might be setup completely different than mine, but an idea anyway.

My TV has composite video FROM the Concertone TO the TV, that is, a red/white/yellow cable to the audio/video IN on the TV. When I play DVDs I get surround sound because it's the DVD player (the Concertone) that produces the sound in that case. It also sends audio to the TV, but I usually just turn the TV sound down. Now the video leaves a lot to be desired since it isn't an HDMI connection nor even super-video. Oh well.

Now when playing the TV...to get sound through the Concertone to the speakers, you need audio OUT to the player. On my rig there is a small panel on the wall behind the TV for plugging in various components like external DVDs, xBox, satellite, etc. So a pair of audio cables needs to be connected to the red/white audio OUT on the TV and then to the corresponding audio IN on the panel...and the appropriate channel selected with the slider switch. AND you will probably have to change the mode on the Concertone to AU2 (I think that's the default) when watching TV. The cheapest cables you can find at Wal-mart or wherever will work fine for this.

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #11

Bob,

I admire you for your courage and wish you success. I was responsible for running the pc assembly unit for a huge corporation and I know the struggle for producing a quality product with the constraints given. I am sure the manufacturing unit is doing their best.

I hope everyone will appreciate you opening yourself up for comments and your offer of helping them. Having to interact with a few today and thousands in very near future individuals will require a lot of time and patience. I can see you closing this door you opened in the future, but hopefully after you have grasped what you need to know, to improve the image of the concertone.

Thanks for beig there for us FR owners who also own a concertone product !

P.S. Mine is not broken yet but I am definitely keeping an eye on it
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub1963 View Post
The Concertone plays music through the surround sound speakers and sounds amazing. The tv will not play through the surround sound though. I turn on the tv and then the radio. Then hit the function key until input 2 shows. This is what the directions say. I checked out the wiring on the back and there was one out. It only fits into the audio in or out connectors. If I plug it into audio input nothing happens. If I plug it into audio out the tv speakers stop and then I have no sound.
The other problem is when plugged into cable the tv finds no stations.

Any help would be appereciated.
My Flagstaff had no input connections to the Concertone, just a video out. I found a replacement wall plate at Radio Shack with video, left audio and right audio. A couple RCA cables connected the Concertone to the audio jacks and the Concertone will now play the TV with a change of the input. Mine also will not find channels on cable but when I connect the cable to the SAT input it worked. Also make sure the antenna booster is not on.

Good luck Bob - hope the move goes well!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

I just want to let you guys that I am really tied up this week MOVING. I hopefully will be setup and operation in Elkhart by mid next week. I will try and respond where I can until then and I appreciate all the well wishes!

I am off to load the truck!
(781) 281-9440
Old 11-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #14

Wow! After all of the bad press and comments on CT products over the last few years, this is a "WOW!" in my book!

Best of luck and safe travels in the move, Bob! We hope to hear more from you on the progress of rebuilding credibility in CT products after you get settled in!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #15

Bob, I want to thank you on the way you are approaching your new responsibility. I have your product in my 2008 Cardinal RV by Forest River and have not had one problem with it.

I hope it’s OK, I’m going to take your post and put it on the Cardinal Club forum for their information.

Bob, I want to thank you on the way you are approaching your new responsibility. I have your product in my 2008 Cardinal RV by Forest River and have not had one problem with it.

I hope it’s OK, I’m going to take your post and put it on the Cardinal Club forum for their information.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #16

Hi Bob.

I admire your willingness to tackle an issue that many of us have experienced.

My own frustration level had reached its peak after three units (600’s) had failed in a row.

Three 120 mile round trips to the dealer for replacement, 36 gallons of gas, and three afternoons I had to take off work was what did me in.

I was so bad I removed the last unit myself and threw it in the recy bin.

I’m glad that CT has finally realized that there is a problem and that they are alienating their customer base.

I wish you the best and I hope you are successful in your endeavor.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #17
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler II View Post

Yes its OK - Thanks for spreading the word!
(781) 281-9440
Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
Hi Bob.

I admire your willingness to tackle an issue that many of us have experienced.

My own frustration level had reached its peak after three units (600’s) had failed in a row.

Three 120 mile round trips to the dealer for replacement, 36 gallons of gas, and three afternoons I had to take off work was what did me in.

I was so bad I removed the last unit myself and threw it in the recy bin.

I’m glad that CT has finally realized that there is a problem and that they are alienating their customer base.

I wish you the best and I hope you are successful in your endeavor.

Bill
I am sorry I did not get here in time to save you! ;-)

Lets stay in touch and hopefully we can meet on the road!

All the best!
(781) 281-9440
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #19
Owner - RVtronics

Just an update to let you all know the 26" box truck with car hauler is leaving Massachusetts tomorrow heading for Elkhart, IN. It will be me and Lynda (the Mrs of almost 30 years) along with our 14 year old Jack Russell Terrier making the 900 mile journey.

I wish we were doing a vacation in a class A, but hey a move is "almost the same thing". Just missing the coffee maker, potty, beds and of course my Concertone Entertainment System!!! ;-)

The Plan is to hit the road at 9am taking the Mass Pike (90) to 84W from MA thru CT to 80 all the way to Elkhart. I figure we'll stop sometime after the 9 hour mark depending on how we feel and complete the journey Saturday morning.

If anyone wants to buy us a coffee or show me their system on the way, you can email or call me.

Hopefully I will be up and running at 100% in my Elkhart Office by Tuesday. Until then I continue to appreciate your patience and SUPPORT.

All the best,
Bob Fields
bfields@concertone.com
(781) 832-0310
(781) 281-9440
Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #20

Bob,

Talking with my dealership's service manager the other day and told him about disconnecting the power for a few minutes so the unit can reset. He claims he hadn't heard of that before and wished that Concertone would send out memo's or something so they would know about these fixes.

Now that's what he told me. I don't know anything about the communication between dealers and Concertone, but that may be something to look into.

Oh yeah, this was the third unit in my tt. I had the same problem with the second unit as I did with my current unit. Maybe this fix would have worked on the second unit, but I didn't know about the fix then and apparently my dealer didn't either since they replaced the unit.

Hope your move is going OK.
Closed Thread