Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Here are the instructions. Hope they help.
http://www.dometic.com/ed505e90-e109...ee053651.fodoc

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #12

i had one go out several yrs ago; heating parts worked...no cool. it also gurgled. bottom line, the ammonia had leaked out. i replaced the frig.

if i used my imaganation, i could detect a slight ammonia smell inside the frig,

i hope the other suggestions work but it sounds a lot like what happened to mine. before u decide to replace it, have someone varify that there isn't something in the controls that is keeping it from working.

oh, when i pulled my frig, i pulled the sealed system out and found that it had rusted thru in the freezer compartment.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #13

At this point and if the fridg is not salvageable I would try to install a similar size fridg for bar that you can buy at almost every store under $100. and try to fit it in the same hole. If your camping is mostly on electricity hook up I would go for this option. The bar fridg will cool much faster and better even if the outside temperature is 100 degres. Buying a new dometic fridg will cost you quite a lot if you want to go for this option.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #14

The plot thickens.
I don't know it this is related or not, but I can't get it to light on propane. I can't get it to go at all with the igniter and if I use a lighter, I just get one poof and it goes out. The heater and stove work on propane.This might be an issue for a new thread.

For my original issue and from searching all over the web, I think my cooling unit is out. After running it on 120 for 12 hours again, the 'stack' gets hot, but the coils don't. Does anyone have experience with this? Can it be replaced? Is it worth it? Can I do it or should I pay someone?
Whatcha think?

Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #15

you can buy the sealed system (all that that u see in the back). the unit pulls out of the box. IMO, i wouldn't do it. the cost is half or more the cost of a new frig.
the gas may just need bleeding. u have to keep trying until the air is out of that section of the line.
your problem on shore power sounds a lot like what i observed on mine in the mid 90's; coils get hot but it doesn't cool. if i listened closely, i could hear it gurgle also.
i believe one of the rebuilders was in Arkansas...but that was 15 yrs ago.

consider that with a new unit u get new controls.

if u aren't going to do dry camping, u may be able to find an electric that will fit in there. i had an rv dealer tell me that they make them but i have never seen one that would fit directly.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #16

try Rv Refrigeration Repair this web site. should give u some idea of price of rebuilt cooling system.

when u r sure that the cooling system is bad, u may want to pull the frig. then pull the cooling unit out and that will give u some idea of what u need to replace it. on mine, there was a coil that went between the freezer and refrigerator. that coil was packed in foam. that is also where i found my problem; part of the steel tubing was exposed at the edge of foam and had rusted thru. it took abt 10 years for this to happen.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #17

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was able to get it to fire up on propane a few minutes ago so Im going to let it do its thing for a until morning. Im pretty sure I know what its going to do, or not do as the case may be.
I've got an email in to RV Refrigeration Repair to see what it will cost me since they didnt list the RM2193 on the site.
Thanks for the help.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #18

No dice.
I ran it for about 8 hours on propane and no cooling. The stack gets hot and the bottom coil gets hot but nothing else. From what I've read online, it sounds like the coil has a blockage. Has anyone tried burping their fridge? I've read about it online but it looks like people have mixed feelings about it.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #19

We were told when we owned our pop up several years ago that they oly cooled to about 30 degrees cooler than the outside temperature, so in the hot summer months really was just a cool pantry for things like bread and some condiments otherwise we used a cooler for those things that needed to be really cold.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #20

HE IS A TRY METHOD TO FIX YOUR BLOCKAGE. You will have to remove the fridg from the trailer and after you will turn the fridg upside down and shake it and taps on the coils. This method will work sometimes to unblock a blockage in the tubes. Most of the time the problem is caused by a trailer that was not levelled and the fridg left on causing a blockage in the ammonia flow. Give it a try and see if it will work. Think about considering to fit a electric bar fridg inside the opening. You can finish the project with mouldings if the fit is not perfect.