Old 07-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

Dometic 13.5k AC

I have a 2017 vengeance touring edition 40d12. I just bought it and took it on the maiden voyage over July 4th weekend.The master bedroom has a dometic 13.5k non-ducted brisk II (I believe). It has the manual controls on the plenum. The ac will get cold. However when I run it, it seems like it produces moisture in the room. It makes everything seem like it is wet. I thought ac units were supposed to remove the moisture in the air. Is there something I can check to make sure the ac is actually working properly? I plan on switching the ac to a thermostat in the near future. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting money if the ac isn't working properly and needs to be replaced anyway. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Mike

mpr3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #2

Im confused. I thought they all were ducted on newer units. my domestic's have an air damn you can open and bypass the ducting if you want. Should be pulling mouisture out of the air. My ac's drip like crazy when running in hot humid weather.

Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

This unit has the main 15k ducted ac, a 13.5k non-ducted ac in the toyhauler garage and a 13.5k non-ducted ac in the master bedroom. The other 2 ac's work flawlessly. They are both also on a thermostat. However the ac in the master bedroom is manual and seems to produce moisture rather than remove it. This is a 2017 model I bought it used a month ago. Traded in a smaller camper. This is really my only complaint with the unit so far.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #4

I hope others chime in im not familiar. Ive got a 50 amp unit with 2 a/c units but they are both ducted. Im trying to figure out why one does not run on auto or low but cools fine when set to high.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #5

No ideas? Is there an AC guy in the house that can give me some advice.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #6

Just a hunch but try running your front ac on high for about 30 minutes. Get a ladder and check to make sure your front ac is indeed draining the evaporator coils onto the roof. You will see steady water dripping/running from the ac unit. You don't need to get on the roof either if it is draining as it should be as you will see it. If it is not you can climb up and remove the top cover and check to see if the drain pan holes are plugged. Sounds to me like you could be recirculating the moisture instead of removing it.

Also is the ac blowing cold? If you have a freeze up there can be zero moisture removal. Might want to check the freeze switch as well and make sure it is still in the evaporator coil. If it is not your ac can be working perfectly fine and still have a freeze up causing moisture to remain.

Hope that helps.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #7

Make sure there is a divider between the intake air and the outlet air and that it is sealed between the two sides. Take the filter off (inside of the trailer) to see the divider. Wish that I had a picture.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #8

The ac blows cold. It might have been freezing up. It was hot and humid in Central Florida on the 4th of July weekend. I'll definitely check the drain pan and freeze sensor. I'll also check the divider. Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to mess with it.

Mike

Tags
dometic