Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #81
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 3,580
Just took our RV in to have the second 15k BTUH unit replaced.
__________________

__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 598
Our Chaparral,built in Febuary this year,is getting a new 15 k Dometic too.Started failing two weeks ago.Same symptoms as have been stated here. Dealer is trying to get them to swap out to a Attwood and cover the cost difference. Having some other small warranty work done while it's there.
__________________

__________________

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:57 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 606
Took my 2015 Silverback in last week because the Dometic 15k would not cool. Everything about the unit sounded normal, even the compressor kicking in sounded normal....but it would not drop temp even 1 degree.....diagnosis...loss of freon.

Since Dometic failed to include a tap on the inlet side of the compressor, it cannot be recharged, and finding/repairing the leak would be a challenge..so..Dometic has sent a replacement unit, which the repair center has received.

Appointment on July 5, next Tuesday to swap them out.
__________________
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Lou nailed it!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"

Ditto.
__________________
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #85
Carknocker Family
 
Ida Ratherbe Camping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 421
Mine is in the shop now getting its third 15k dometic unit. Purchase new in may of 13.
Dometic said they will good faith replace but this is the last time under warranty. They didn't want to, but after asking about their service bulletin, they changed their tune.I have to pay labor though.
We will see how long this one lasts.
__________________
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
Nights camped 2017...11
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #86
Member
 
kc5mhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 70
Ida,. The they should be paying labor as well. I sent them a nice email stating that I was on #4 failed unit and that I was holding a complaint letter to my Attorney General's office until I heard back from them. Little do they know I work for said Attorney General.
__________________
2015 Cherokee Limited 274DBH
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1963 Thunderbird Landau 390
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:59 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5mhb View Post
Ida,. The they should be paying labor as well. I sent them a nice email stating that I was on #4 failed unit and that I was holding a complaint letter to my Attorney General's office until I heard back from them. Little do they know I work for said Attorney General.
Interesting...Please keep us informed.
__________________
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #88
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
We have a 2015 26dbh, we are living in it till our house sells. We came from Amarillo-hot/dry country, to Dallas-OMG hot/muggy country. AC works decent during the day but for the last 2 nights, it shuts off? Thermostat is set at 71, I do see droplets of moisture around vents? Any suggestions as what to do? It would be a huge inconvenience to load up and go get it looked at, with a DW and 2 kiddos
__________________
2014 Tundra crew max
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Amarillohwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
jonrjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillohwy View Post
We have a 2015 26dbh, we are living in it till our house sells. We came from Amarillo-hot/dry country, to Dallas-OMG hot/muggy country. AC works decent during the day but for the last 2 nights, it shuts off? Thermostat is set at 71, I do see droplets of moisture around vents? Any suggestions as what to do? It would be a huge inconvenience to load up and go get it looked at, with a DW and 2 kiddos
If your still in the DFW area and need a mobile tech to visit you try contacting Blue Moon RV Service. They have a large stick and brick location in Carrollton, but also have service trucks for on sight assistance.

Not sure of their mobile charges, but they I'm sure will be willing to answer any questions.

I have not used the mobile techs service personally, but have used the stick and brick location a number of times.

Good Luck,

Blue Moon RV | RV Online Parts and Accessories Store
__________________
2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:40 AM   #90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
If your still in the DFW area and need a mobile tech to visit you try contacting Blue Moon RV Service. They have a large stick and brick location in Carrollton, but also have service trucks for on sight assistance.

Not sure of their mobile charges, but they I'm sure will be willing to answer any questions.

I have not used the mobile techs service personally, but have used the stick and brick location a number of times.

Good Luck,

Blue Moon RV | RV Online Parts and Accessories Store
Thanks, i will be calling.
__________________

__________________
2014 Tundra crew max
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Amarillohwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
15000 btu, 320 bhds, coachmen, cooling, dometic, lakewood, lakewood nj, air conditioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.