Old 08-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #1

Dometic 2852 fridge just died...looking for some options

It didn't just die it puked ammonia..woke up in the middle of the night to that nasty ammonia stink and a dead fridge.

So while my temp fix of a college size fridge is outside cooling down and hopefully not tossing out all our food........now the thought is..what options.

I am aware of the options of new cooling unit a re manufactured cooling unit or a new Dometic 2852...thats not my question.

Rather what "other" fridge options are there. I never use propen..we seasonal. AFter waking up to a 5th wheel full of ammonia stink..not a fan of another propane based cooling system since I think thats what uses ammonia,,,IIRC.

Has anyone put in a residential in the place of a 2852 in their 5th wheel. How did it look. I don't want some tardo looking thing or I will just gag up the $1200.00+ for a new dual frudge.

Or maybe another RV fridge just not a dually?

I would do more searching but I have a mess on my hands at the moment. Got to get this fridge out as it keeps stinking of ammonia...blehhhh

shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

Never mind...decided to go with an apartment size house AC only fridge. Not waking up gagging on Ammonia fumes again. RV still smells.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge