Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #1

Dometic 310 toilet warranty parts

1 year and 4 months old. The valve stuck open partially and drained our water tank into the black tank. It's the seal likely bad too? Tried to let the pedal up quickly but the problem remained.

So what's the best way to get warranty parts from Dometic? Call the dealer but they were less than helpful. Dometic's website doesn't make it very clear either. I remember reading other thread where they had a particular salesman that helped. Thanks!
4x4x4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #2

I would remove the valve, clean it and maybe lubricate it with a light coat of Vaseline. It is a real simple valve.
Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 AM   #3

Thanks, I might give that a try. I don't mind fixing but while under warranty I'd rather have new parts.

Does anyone else know the answer to my question on how to get warranty parts from the manufacturer?
Old 09-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #4

Call Dometic customer service. I no longer have the number but when I had an issue with a 310 and contacted them they just sent a new toilet to me (no charges) instead of parts. !5 minute swap out.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Call Dometic customer service. I no longer have the number but when I had an issue with a 310 and contacted them they just sent a new toilet to me (no charges) instead of parts. !5 minute swap out.
Thanks. That was the answer was I was going for. I found a customer service phone # online.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #6

I would also suggest trying to clean and lubricate the valve, takes 10 minutes and a lot less messy then swapping the whole toilet.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
I would also suggest trying to clean and lubricate the valve, takes 10 minutes and a lot less messy then swapping the whole toilet.
There is no mess swapping a 310 toilet. Disconnect water line take off 2 nuts securing the base and lift out. Reverse procedure and your done. Literally 15 minutes. The toilet does not use a wax donut just a rubber floor seal supplied with the toilet. Easy, peasy. One thing though how did the water get into the tank if the ball valve was closed. If the ball valve is cocked at an angle it may have slipped out of its pivot point on the side of it and that can be put back in by opening the ball all the way and reaching inside to put it back.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There is no mess swapping a 310 toilet. Disconnect water line take off 2 nuts securing the base and lift out. Reverse procedure and your done. Literally 15 minutes. The toilet does not use a wax donut just a rubber floor seal supplied with the toilet. Easy, peasy. One thing though how did the water get into the tank if the ball valve was closed. If the ball valve is cocked at an angle it may have slipped out of its pivot point on the side of it and that can be put back in by opening the ball all the way and reaching inside to put it back.
Agreed it's a simple job especially since I've already removed it once. I should receive a replacement from customer service Monday.

Tags
dometic, parts, warranty