Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #21

Super 8-Yes the t'stat's lowest set point for cooling is 70° The manual for the t'stat even states that. northstar- Two slides, dinette/sofa @ 36 sq. ft., and bunk room @ 18 sq. ft. Unit is 248 sq. ft. = 302 sq. ft. app. App. or 1812 cubic ft. of space to cool. My slide sides are white, deep tinted windows, and accordian type shades. I certainly need more insulation.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Super 8-Yes the t'stat's lowest set point for cooling is 70° The manual for the t'stat even states that. northstar- Two slides, dinette/sofa @ 36 sq. ft., and bunk room @ 18 sq. ft. Unit is 248 sq. ft. = 302 sq. ft. app. App. or 1812 cubic ft. of space to cool. My slide sides are white, deep tinted windows, and accordian type shades. I certainly need more insulation.
I'll have to check my delta T for comparesion Well see what kind of difference there is between yours and mine . seems the difference should be closer to 20 . also my t-stat goes well below 70 , all the way to 55 . i keep the door to my garage shut and have one of the 2 vents in there blocked off and even the garage stays comfortable during the hottest parts of the days .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #23

Thurman, if this is your Thermostat it can be adjusted down to 55F
http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...nual_17590.pdf
Old 10-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #24

Note: My t'stat has numbers: 331395.000. Don't know if that makes a difference. I will double check tomorrow morn and see if the t'stat will go lower.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:32 AM   #25

I just checked it this morning: My Dometic single-zone t'stat has a low set-point of 70* for cooling--period. I also received a reply to an email I sent Dometic support as to the CFM of my Dometic Brisk-Air II with the fan on HI. The reply states the the CFM should be 320 CFM on the HI setting. Now to see if I can get the local HVAC company to come out and check it. He's a friend on mine and stated that he might come by late one afternoon and won't charge me, I have done him a few favors also. I also received a new email from Dometic about their "new" Dometic Blizzard NXT RV air conditioner. It certainly does not look like any of their previous units for sure. The stated CFM for the HI fan setting on this new unit is 350 CFM which would certainly be better for me. I wonder IF I were to have to get a new unit would they work with me to get the new NXT unit. At this point I am getting with my local authorized service guy about a new t'stat. We'll see, , ,
Old 10-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #26

Woo Hooo, It did again today. When I went in to record the temps about 1:00 p.m. and 84° I noticed that the fan was not making much noise. I checked the t'stat and it was set to AU (automatic) but the fan was on Lo with an interior difference of 7° . The t'stat should have the fan on HI if the temp differential is 5 or more degrees. I turned the system off, waited about five minutes, started it back up and the fan went to HI as it should. Now to convince the local service guy.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #27

FWIW update: My friend with the HVAC company borrowed their tester for CFM, came to the house and tested the output at the grill of my A/C. He got a 320 reading which is fine. He tried to measure the output at various roof registers but stated that there wasn't enough air moving from each register for the machine to monitor. I tracked and recorded five (5) days of running the A/C unit in the TT then went out to the local service guy to show him. He called Dometic and told them what I had recorded and the two (2) instances of the fan being on LO when there was greater than a five degree differential within the TT. They agreed to ship him a new t'stat but when he gave the numbers (3313195.000) from the t'stat the lady stated that the numbers did not come up within her system at Dometic. Steve took a photo and sent it to her via email to verify the numbers. After I got home Steve called to say that Dometic had gotten back with him and could not verify those numbers so they are sending a new t'stat with the old 3313194.000 numbers. Heck, I don't care about the numbers just so it works correctly. I'm ready to get this unit back to working correctly. My warranty expires in January and with my luck, for sure, the entire A/C unit will probably quit working.

Tags
dometic