Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #1
jlf

Dometic AC

This is a update to my prior post concerning the AC on our 2014 Silverback 33rl. We were on our traditional 10 day stay at Disney in Dec.We were into day 2 when the main AC went out. Luckily there was a remote repair guy working on another RV a couple of sites down from us. He came over, gave estimate, and we were relaxing in the AC within 2 days.After everything was said and done, we were out almost $500. So not only did Dometic pay for the ac, they reimbursed us for the extra hrs he was there. They also paid for the service call twice.Total my bill was $465.25. Ck from dometic, $465.25. It was all done by email. We can not say enough about Dometic. They came through in our time of need.
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #2

Glad to hear they took care of you. Do you know exactly what was wrong with it?
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #3

That's impressive - in their warranty paperwork it states that they will not reimburse. Did you have to arrange anything with them in advance?

- Randy
Old 03-22-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
Glad to hear they took care of you. Do you know exactly what was wrong with it?
I believe the compressor wasn't working. All I know is it wasn't cooling.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWayRandall View Post
That's impressive - in their warranty paperwork it states that they will not reimburse. Did you have to arrange anything with them in advance?

- Randy
Well I know when the mobile guy came to do the estimate, he said he was very familiar with Dometic and what they will cover. He is the one who handled everything. At the time, we knew we needed to pay whatever. We live in So Florida and we have more hot and muggy days than not. I am so glad that it is over and we had a positive outcome

Tags
dometic