Old 07-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Needs Help

Dometic AC blower fan vibration

2014 Solera 24S
Fired up the dometic heat pump/ac for the first time this year and the fan is really vibrating bad. I ran the fan only and it's clear the problem is there. My first thought was mud dauber but since this is the internal blower, I am not sure that's possible. I have not taken it apart yet.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

If it didn't vibrate last year, it no doubt has mud dauber nest(s) on the fan blades.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Needs Help

I will open it up this week early one day. Daubers are thick around here. It just seems that the internal fan should be hard for them to reach. Guess I will know soon.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
Needs Help

Sure enough. Looks like they built a highrise condo. Took a bit to chip and clean it all away but now the fan runs smooth again. It's tempting to put screen in the vent holes.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
Sure enough. Looks like they built a highrise condo. Took a bit to chip and clean it all away but now the fan runs smooth again. It's tempting to put screen in the vent holes.
Was there spider webs nearby?
Mud daubers will build by a food source, guess what? They love spiders!
Remove the food source and the daubers will build elsewhere.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"
Old 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #6

mine way vibrating and it turned out to be the inside blower wheel, got a new one for $9 bucks going to put it on today hope the new one is straight.
I did find a mud dobber nest on the outside blades and cleaned it off and it was still vibrating so I checked the inside blower wheel and it has a lot of wobble in it so going to try the new blower wheel today.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #7
Needs Help

I doubt you could remove all the spiders without turning it into a wasteland. Most of the spiders in the nests are usually found on plants. I hope to have a place to store the RV where daubers will have a harder time reaching it soon.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
mine way vibrating and it turned out to be the inside blower wheel, got a new one for $9 bucks going to put it on today hope the new one is straight.
I did find a mud dobber nest on the outside blades and cleaned it off and it was still vibrating so I checked the inside blower wheel and it has a lot of wobble in it so going to try the new blower wheel today.

I had to dig mud out of the fan hub on the hard to get to side. You might still have some in there.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
I had to dig mud out of the fan hub on the hard to get to side. You might still have some in there.
Well I replaced the wobbling inside blower wheel last night and the thing is vibration free now!!! Did find that when you install the new plastic blower wheel if you tighten the shaft clamp on the wheel to tight it causes the plastic wheel to distort and wobble, so you have to tighten the clamp just enough to hold the wheel to the shaft.
Quietest the A/C has ever been in the living room and on low you can barely hear it. Headed out for a 600 plus mile trip in the morning.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
Well I replaced the wobbling inside blower wheel last night and the thing is vibration free now!!! Did find that when you install the new plastic blower wheel if you tighten the shaft clamp on the wheel to tight it causes the plastic wheel to distort and wobble, so you have to tighten the clamp just enough to hold the wheel to the shaft.
Quietest the A/C has ever been in the living room and on low you can barely hear it. Headed out for a 600 plus mile trip in the morning.
Was the fan blades a different pitch?
More or less blades?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "11 nights"

Tags
dometic, fan