Old 04-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #11

I have a 2009 and the A/c was warranted 3 years from the manufacturer when I bought it and Dometic offered another 3 for a nominal fee...
Good Luck and hope it works out for you..

Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #12

Thanks for all the info

Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #13

Just got mine back from dealer because my dometic a/c wasn't cooling on my 2014 puma 351THSS. Still under warranty, said compressor was bad, and replaced the whole unit.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #14

Called around and the closest Forest River Warranty repair dealer wasCamping World. I hate to say it, but in the past, with our old camper, theyusually tore up more than they repaired. Would I be able to take it to anotherdealer just for the AC warranty repair or would it have to be a Forest RiverDealer? Can anyone suggest a GOOD/TRUSTED repair dealer in Charleston, SC area?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #15

AC not working

I too bought a new RV last year, a Forrest River Salem 32 BHDS, and I am having AC problems. I only got to use it twice, the 1st time the weather was comfortable so the AC wasn't noticed but the 2nd time was in 90°July heat. It wasnt blowing cold air. The inside temperature kept rising while it was running. I called everyone from F.R. to Dometic, to the dealer. I took it to a local dealer, they said it was an installation error & they fixed it. Now yesterday I was de-winterizing the RV, I turn on the AC, same thing, isn't cooling. I'm running in circles here. Any ideas?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #16

AC problems

In anyone's professional or personal opinion, would the AC work the same outside in the heat & direct sunlight and inside a dealers shady cool shop/warehouse? It's not working correctly for me at home or at a campground but it is for the dealer at their shop. Always plugged into 30 amp service. Any help here?
Old 06-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #17

Got the results from a Dometic service repair. The new unit was very low on Freon and must have a leak. Dometic is sending a new unit to be installed but will not pay for service technician labor cost. Is this the norm for this type of repair?
Old 06-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #18

direct sunlight is harder on the unit...will not cool as well. make sure you have adequate power. at least 108 volts at a receptacle in the coach with AC on. make sure 110 element on Waterheater is off. 20 to 22 degrees temp differential between incoming and outgoing air is the best your gonna do.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
Got the results from a Dometic service repair. The new unit was very low on Freon and must have a leak. Dometic is sending a new unit to be installed but will not pay for service technician labor cost. Is this the norm for this type of repair?
typically dometic is 1 year parts and labor. 2nd year is parts only...thats if my faltering memory serves me at all...

edit: if its leaking, there will be oil...

edit x2: 1 to 1.5 hours max on this swap out with troubleshooting IMHO...
Old 07-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

Our Dometic AC worked fine from April until early this month. Took it to the dealer today for repair/replacement. According to him, he's had to replace many Dometic units - and all are on Forest River RV's. FR must have gotten a big shipment of defective units!

Tags
dometic