Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #21

"ftroop82": I just got my 2015 camper back from having the A/C replaced. I have read on the internet where Dometic has had problems with a lot of their units. I cannot confirm this but--supposedly Dometic received some 2000 units from their Chinese manufacturer that were low on freon. Maybe that was what was wrong with mine. The new A/C is working fine now. The selling dealer was six weeks behind on repairs to units so I called Dometic to find out if there were any alternatives. There are. Dometic gave me the name's of five other places that do Dometic warranty work. Three of these were over 75 miles from home, one was a mobile repair person and Dometic would pay for the unit and his labor but would not pay for his travel time. One local Dometic warranty work guy who operates out of a small building that I never knew was in my town. He made a couple of phone calls to Dometic, they shipped him the replacement unit, he changed it out and all is well. Get on the phone to Dometic and ask them what to do about your unit.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #22

Everything is good to go... Dometic stepped up and fixed everything under warranty.. shipped a new unit.
ftroop82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #23

Glad to know that you have your A/C replaced "ftroop82". IF you were to read all over the Forest River forum and then read other brand's forum's you will read that a lot of Dometic A/C's have problems lately. The guy that fixed mine told me that he does two, maybe three, warranty replacements a year- -normally. He has done three in the last four months now- -all warranted by Dometic.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic