Old 06-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #61

Disconnect all power including the 12volt system since the control board runs off 12volts. Wait a bit then re-energize the system you should have cleared the fault.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #62
Retired Retail/Importer

Disconnecting the batteries?

thank you...do I disconnect the neg connections on the batteries? It just tried to start...and then immediately shut down....

Old 06-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #63

Al you need t make stress of is that you cut all power for a bit in order to reset the control board and the thermostat so removing the 110 as well as the 12volt does it and the 12 drops once you remove the positive line.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #64

If it continues to drop after the reset then it is time to go see your dealer and the warranty repair.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #65

We've had our trailer just over a year. We had the stock 15k unit replaced last summer after started freezing up and not cooling. Now unit #2 is blowing hot air. Input and output temp is both 90*. It sounds like the compressor is turning on. I'm glad I checked it before going atv'ing this weekend!! I have an appointment to drop it off at the shop again next week to replace it with 15K #3. I know one thing, I will never, ever pay for a Dometic a/c, they are total garbage. I can't get rid of them fast enough.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #66

To slapshot

Now you know why on my last rv after I went through over a year of headaches and lies I finally replaced with a Coleman unit. The bad part is I ended up paying a bit over 2K to replace the unit and the thermostat and the filter housing. That in itself and why I had to pay for it all is a long story just stay away from camping world.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #67

bought our Cherokee 274VFK in March. The first time we used it, the AC seemed to have a mind of it's own. Temp was all over the place, mostly freezing us out with stat set to 75. Second attempt to use RV last weekend and AC blows room temp air (85?). I can hear compressor kick on, so seems all hardware is functioning. I shut it off then selected the furnace with temp set to 85. Instead of furnace which should blow thru floor registers, it was no different then selecting AC. I read a lot about thermostats being flakey, so ordered replacement for 30 bux just to see. Then I ran across this thread. I have 3 calls into dealer that sold me rv with no direct contact with service and no return calls. I am not going to go back and forth with dealer on an AC known by many to fail, mainly because they are about 40 miles from me. Anyone that has successfully replaced the 13.5K dometic with an atwood 15k themselves, please let me know what I'm in for.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #68
Head Rambler

To replace a Dometic digital unit with another brand, the biggest problem you'll likely have is that you'll have to run new thermostat wires, because the Dometic only uses three wires. That may or may not be a problem. Depending on how the existing wiring is ran.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #69

Can you get some help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csheets View Post
bought our Cherokee 274VFK in March. The first time we used it, the AC seemed to have a mind of it's own. Temp was all over the place, mostly freezing us out with stat set to 75. Second attempt to use RV last weekend and AC blows room temp air (85?). I can hear compressor kick on, so seems all hardware is functioning. I shut it off then selected the furnace with temp set to 85. Instead of furnace which should blow thru floor registers, it was no different then selecting AC. I read a lot about thermostats being flakey, so ordered replacement for 30 bux just to see. Then I ran across this thread. I have 3 calls into dealer that sold me rv with no direct contact with service and no return calls. I am not going to go back and forth with dealer on an AC known by many to fail, mainly because they are about 40 miles from me. Anyone that has successfully replaced the 13.5K dometic with an atwood 15k themselves, please let me know what I'm in for.
The Atwood is a much better unit. I have a forklift and scissor lift so getting the old unit off the roof and the new one onto the roof was pretty easy. They weigh about 80 pounds or so - which is probably the hardest part of the job. Same roof opening, the Atwood diffuser inside is a bit larger - so you may have to trim some moldings. My install was on a Forester MBS which may be very different than your unit.

The wiring schematic is not perfectly clear, but the new Atwood thermostat worked fine with the new heatpump unit and also controls the gas furnace as well.

Very quiet (compared to the very noisy Dometic), low amp draw - which was a big plus with my small 3.2kW diesel generator.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
The Atwood is a much better unit. I have a forklift and scissor lift so getting the old unit off the roof and the new one onto the roof was pretty easy. They weigh about 80 pounds or so - which is probably the hardest part of the job. Same roof opening, the Atwood diffuser inside is a bit larger - so you may have to trim some moldings. My install was on a Forester MBS which may be very different than your unit.

The wiring schematic is not perfectly clear, but the new Atwood thermostat worked fine with the new heatpump unit and also controls the gas furnace as well.

Very quiet (compared to the very noisy Dometic), low amp draw - which was a big plus with my small 3.2kW diesel generator.
As it turns out, we found a local fella that is going to come to the house to replace ac under warranty 75 bux. Says he has been changing out a lot of dometics this year in brand new rvs. he suggest we just keep replacing if need be until it is out of warranty

Tags
air conditioner, dometic