Old 08-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
Dometic Brisk Air II Heat Strip Add

Originally Posted by Tireguy397 View Post
I also have a recently purchased Nitro 31 FQSL. Is your garage a/c factory installed? If so how do you deal with running both units on 30 amps. We have found that on hot and humid days our 15k unit just can't keep us cool and I am looking for options. Thanks for the help.

The FR guys went out of their way to build a trailer for me. I had the factory install a 50 amp service, 2nd AC, power control center, and a 5500 Onan. That being said, utilizing the power control center, I have no problems running both ACs, water heater, and anything else on a 30 amp service. Usually the power control center kicks off the electric water heater for a couple seconds when the second AC kicks in. After it gets up and running the WH kicks back in. Here's a pic of the power control center aka power management system. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440894485.797398.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	87262

Nitro 31FQSL

R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
Thanks for the info. I live in Florida so the winters are very mild. I believe the heat strips will keep temps up without using furnace most of the time.

Nitro 31FQSL
We live in Colorado and went through 40# of lp in our first two trips without the heatstrip. After that install, the furnace hasn't been used since. In FL, your furnace should never be needed again.

2015 puma 295bhss
2009 ram 3500 6.7l ctd
Sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #13
That is a sweet set up. I wish I had known about it before. Thanks again for the info

Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote