Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Dometic brisk ii failure #2

My Forrest River Artic Wolf 5er had a Brisk II 15,000 from the factory and I added upon purchase a Penguin 13,500 Dometic in the bedroom up front. Used the RV 3 times in 2018 and the Rear unit took a dump in September of 2018. Compressor running/filters clean/ducts clear/ just no "COOL AIR" The return lines were hot as hell and Compressor was very hot to the touch. Seems Dometic has issues with this unit. Now to 2019 and after the 4th use this past weekend and two freeze up sessions, again the unit will not cool. The freeze sensor is in, everything is 100 percent so I would like anyone that has had issues in the last two years to pipe in with any info you have on these units. It might be time for me to consider a different brand all together. My mobile RV Tech says it is a loss of Freon on the sealed unit. MADE IN CHINA!!! Just like the Castle Rock Tires I took off on the way home from the dealer. This is BS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEAST4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	211059  
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:44 AM   #2

It's a well documented fact that Dometic had a run of 15K units that had problems with freon leakage. I am now on my 4th. 15K unit on a '15 TT. So far so good. If you remove the air distribution box (ADB), the big plastic part on the ceiling, you will find the units model number and serial number. A call to Dometic and they can tell you IF you have one of the bad units

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:25 AM   #3

Appreciate that but I don't need to look up the Ser# because it is a "BAD" unit as far as I'm concerned. They are sending a new unit (SECOND ONE) to my service tech for replacement. This MFG in China for a critical piece of our units is terrible. They spend a fortune replacing these and just to make more $$$ up front is a joke. Their cost is probably $150.00 but warranty and pissed customers in the long run add up. Thanks
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic