Old 09-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #11

Installed the Articca snip the tip yesterday, 25 hours ago while frig was warm,just like instructions say. Today's temps show no improvement at all. Early AM temp is same as it was before all the moods performed,44deg. The 2 larger fans,additional baffles to close off air spaces and the Articca snip the tip have made no real improvement. As of 1:45 PM turned the adjustment on the Articca. way down to see if any change is noticed. I really feel, since the freezer is just fine, this design of a frig in a slide out that does not vent out the roof will never get any better. Even our Rockwood dealer said that that design has always causes cooling concerns. Have tried everything that has been suggested by dealer,web forums and techs. Guess I will continue rouse my portable 12v frig/ freezer for all the needed sensitive frig items, too bad when you pay a bundle for this beautiful trailer. Thanks all

Old 09-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #12

Slyfox,

I'm going to suggest you try one more thing.
Take those two fans you installed below the fins and install them in the baffle board by the upper vent, blowing outward.

My experience is... the fans when mounted in the location you have them, causes the air to pack in the upper part of the box and fights itself trying to get out the vent cover.

My fridge had three fans from the factory (where yours are currently mounted) and when they came on, hardly any air came out the upper vent.

I added one fan to my baffle in the right-most position (see attached modified photo of yours) with the option to add a second to the left of it if needed. I also added one fan horizontally by the lower vent cover to pull air in the bottom vent so the upper fan could blow it out. I wired them to the existing 12v on/off relay (with a switch so they could be turned off) but I simply leave them run anytime the fridge is on. I used good ball bearing fans and you never hear them. The three noisy/cheap factory fans never even come on anymore.

It works so well, I never added the second fan to the upper baffle.

With this set-up, it should exchange enough air that you should be able to have a piece of printer paper 'stick' to the lower vent (on the outside) when the fans are on.

No way would it exchange that much air previously.

Hope this helps. I don't have a photo of mine as it's been parked next to my garage with the slide out and I can't access it to get a photo. If you need me to, I will put the slide in and snap a couple pics.

Also get yourself one of the inner fridge fans like in the second photo to mount on the inside fins. Really helps. Buy them *HERE*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fan placement.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	121056   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_fan.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	121057  

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #13

5picker. Thanks, am at wits end, will put a fan in the baffle and one below. I have 2 extra. Will also order the fan set for the inside frig fins. Really thank you for tour interest.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #14

5picker. Did install 2 additional fans blowing out in the baffle behind the vent. Now all 4 fans blow when the fin thermo says to blow. This A M frig temp was still 44deg. Same as prior to ALL the added mods. Fans, snip the tip, added outside baffles, nothing has helped. Will install the fan set to the cooling fins in frig when I get it. It will blow around the 44 Dec. air. Really poor design from the manufacturer. Will depend on my portable 12v/120v frig frerzet for sensitive stuff. To bad when you pay as much for a trailer ad I did for my house years ago. Thanks all, disgusted in Florida.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #15

Sorry to hear Slyfox. I hope something starts working better.
I would still suggest you wire those two upper vent fans to run anytime the fridge is on.
That air needs to be moving ALL the time, not just when the fins get too hot.

My refrigerator is in one of my slides and I can consistently get 33-34 temps in the fridge and 0-5 in the freezer with the mods I've done so there is hope.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
Old 09-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #16

5picker, have had the fans run all the time with no difference. Used a laser temp gage on the fins in frig. 36 to 39. Installed the fan set to fins in frig. No help. Put an 8in by 22in pan of ice in bottom of frig. 4 hrs later,34. Removed pan,30 minutes later, 45. Sent my whole story to Forest Rivet service to see what happens. Thanks for your help and concern...
Old 09-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #17

Slyfox,

You have sure done your due diligence trying to get that thing working.
I wish you the best of luck finding resolve.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
Old 10-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #18

I worked with a Dometic tech with mine... up until everything we tried pointed to defective unit... then he didn't wanna talk... that's when the "50 degrees is acceptable" line started. Replaced mine with real fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475498566120.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	122034  

Tags
replacement