Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Dometic DMR 702 compartment

Has anyone removed this fridge in a Flagstaff or Rockwood V-Nose?

Installation instructions say there should be "0" clearance on walls on the sides and rear. I would like to add a cooling fan along the lines of what TURBS has done, but, he has another type unit and trailer. I'm specifically interested in what I might face when I attempt this.

Presently, the unit sits beside the house and the little factory fan seems to run constantly. It is hot here! There is warm air coming out the roof vent and standard sheet paper almost holds over the cool air intake grill at the bottom. Toilet paper might not slip as it is lighter. More air flow is all I'm after and before ordering a mess of "stuff", I'd like to learn more about the compartment.

I have seen the thread showing how the top of the compartment might not allow good removal of hot air and could be modified.

Almost time for first inspection (license plates also) and this one has never been on the road yet due to wife being ill. Later this fall, I may delve into this when it's cooler.

OH! Fridge freezer never over 10 degrees and lower box floats around 28 to 45 degrees depending on inside and outside temp. Not unusual to have 104 degrees in the kitchen area mid day.

Thanks.

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:22 AM   #2

What I found was the area above the unit was open. Blocking it off and adding the turbs fans did not help. I have removed it, have the new residential in the hole just have to secure it now.
27VRL
Old 08-18-2016, 06:43 AM   #3
Site Team

Does the top vent on yours come out the roof or the side of the RV?

If it comes out the roof then you can take the roof cap off and you should be able to look straight down at the condenser.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

Thanks Paul GA, I will go back and look at your thread later tonight. I remember it now.

BAMA, yes it's on the roof. After first dealer inspection and it cools off, I am thinking of putting fan above the condensor blowing up. I'm even thinking of going in through the kitchen cabinet to have easier access for future replacement. The open space toward the inside spreads the heat back into the kitchen wall. Not much, but, every bit helps (unless it's winter).

I have been through the roof vent on our 89 Holiday Rambler before hail totaled the vent and the rest of the trailer. Sadly, it was mom and dads and extremely clean, sturdy and paid for.

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic