Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #11

Sure looks like the terminal covering on those thermafuse connectors on the flu is melted.
What caused that?

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #12
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Good info thanks. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Sure looks like the terminal covering on those thermafuse connectors on the flu is melted.
What caused that?

Sure does, didn't notice that before. That explains why it kicked..........I'd guess the flue overheated and the TF did its job but for what reason?
Old 07-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #14

Does kinda look melty on second look. The fridge was on EU for a full week at a campground in Arkansas, we flipped back to LP for the ride home. It was in the mid 90s all week, but I'd suspect it takes more heat then that.

We had a terrible gnat and fly swarm all week too but i can't imagine them getting in there to block air flow. I'll be watching closely next week in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #15

I think I would definitely keep an eye on it because something isn't right. I think I would pop the element access cover off and try to check the flu for blockage with a mirror. And get on a ladder and make sure the gnat swarm did not block the upper vent
Old 07-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #16

And now for the rest of the story. If anyone sees this condition it is dangerous. There was a fairly tall yellow flame coming up from around the gas jet and up past the metal shields, extending up maybe 6-8 inches which I assume is what caused the melted wire connectors.
---I shut down the LP immediately, and threw some ice bags in the fridge to keep the food cold until we got to our destination and could check things out in more detail.
Took all the shields off, cleaned soot and any other stuff up, and cleaned the gas jet as best as I could with a bread tie wire, and everything seemed to work fine after that. It very well could have been some bugs/gnats that got up in there and it was enough to throw the whole system out of whack (and create a somewhat dangerous condition).
I went ahead and did the same clean up treatment on the gas water heater system as well, it was working, but did have some soot and "funk" going on as well. Better safe than sorry.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #17

Bad Funk

I just lit mine to make sure it still works. I'm going to check it now. Wish the access cover was easier to open.

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #18
Head Rambler

I'd just like to say, thank you very much for coming back and letting us know what it was and how you fixed it.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #19

Yes, thanks for reporting back! Glad you caught the problem before you had more trouble!
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehrbear View Post
FIXED
Manufacturer says they've seen this before with the right two lights. They say it's the same as the left two, and is an overheating condition.
A. Check the lp flu behind the fridge and ensure nothing is blocking (insulation or critters, bugs).
B. Reset the resetable fuse located on the flu itself (button is in between the 2 wires on the round sensor dealio).
No mo flashing lights...fridge is cooling down.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Hey jehrbear, I have the EXACT condition you had. The 2 far right lights started flashing after our return trip home. I've checked all fuses and circuit breakers. I have the back panel off, but I don't remember seeing any resetable fuse. I'll be tearing it all apart for a good cleaning, but can you enlighten me more on this switch? TIA -Bob

Tags
dometic, fridge, light