Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Dometic Fridge 2652 Check Light Comes On Immediately

Have new TT with a Domestic RM2652 Refrigerator that has a start-up issue. Refrigerator works fine when at the campsite or traveling home – use 120VAC at the campsite then propane on the way home. Made 2 multiple days camping trips traveling 2-4 hours each time and life was good.

My issue is refrigerator operation before my trips. Evening before trip ensured propane is on, burnt off air in lines with stove burners, then, turned on fridge to Auto. Not sure if fridge is on but when I check about an hour later, the freezer is starting to get cool and the freezers back wall is cold and only the Auto light is on. Next morning, Auto light and Check light are on and freezer is not cold. At this point, check that I still have propane – OK. Then, turn refrigerator off. When turned back on, Check light comes on immediately and stays on. Left refrigerator off for over an hour – Check light immediately comes on.

Say a few cuss words, load up ice chests, and hit the road. Get to the park then refrigerator starts-up normal. Runs fine on AC or Gas only and works well on Gas on the way home. So far, only issue is in my driveway. Checked level – very good front/back, off a little left/right.

Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated. New to RVing. Can’t find anywhere what it means when the Check light immediately comes on or how to fix or reset it. Thanks for your time and have a nice day.
gibbonsdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Site Team

How many times has it done that?

Usually when the check light comes on immediately, it is because the battery voltage is low. Have you checked the battery voltage when it comes on? Your description sounds like that may be the problem. Once you hit the road, your battery is being charged by the 7-way connector, when you get to the campsite the converter is supplying the 12 volts.

How old is the battery?
Old 08-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #3

Picked up new 2017 TT 3 weeks ago. Unit made in July 2016. Battery looks new but I did not check the voltage.

Thanks for reply. Will check voltage level at back of Fridge the next time it happens.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #4

It has done this twice - the only 2 times I have tried it.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbonsdo View Post
Picked up new 2017 TT 3 weeks ago. Unit made in July 2016. Battery looks new but I did not check the voltage.

Thanks for reply. Will check voltage level at back of Fridge the next time it happens.
Usually , in three units we have had the check light winds up being no hassle. Air bubble from changing tanks or tank off. Even if battery looks new, you can damage one to the point that it won't hold voltage very easily through neglect. And low voltage and the frig will not work.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #6

I have the same refrigerator and had the same problem. It was a low battery in my case. Make sure the battery disconnect is not activated
Tomgky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, light, dometic