Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #1

Dometic Fridge door latch problem

Just got back from a trip and noticed the door for the fridge had opened on our Rockwood 2906WS. It appears that the only thing that holds the door shut is a slight ridge in the plastic molding that runs the whole side of the fridge. Evidently the ridge broke off right where the latch on the door would normally catch. This probably happened due to opening the door by pulling on it like a home fridge instead of lifting the handle to unlatch. Any suggestions on how to fix this other than a new trailer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_090736212.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	209646  
jbrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I would call Dometic Customer Service and see if you can buy the part, or direct you to a service place close by. (There are more than just dealerships)

I found out a radiator repair place around the corner was a certified Dometic repair location and they ordered a part I needed under warranty and let me install it myself.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 AM   #3

Dometic Door latch

We had the same issue on our Rockwood 8329SS. I found I was able to slide the piece of plastic moulding off and flip it around so that the part that used to be on the bottom was now up top where it latches. Works perfectly, and I figure if it happens again at some point I can simply take the piece from the other side. Hope that helps!
Breimert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, door, fridge