Old 06-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #21
Site Team
Originally Posted by mattp160 View Post
I tested both fuses with a digital multimeter. Both fuses gave a tone indicating that they had connectivity between the two end.
Once I had this problem... tested both fuses in place with a multimeter ==> all good. Pulled them and tested them out of their sockets ==> all good. Placed them back in their sockets - turned fridge back on ===> fridge started working and has ever since. Dometic tech at Goshen found no problems.

SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #22
Forgot about reseating the fuses. you can get some corrosive build up and a bad connection. I have fixed many a problem by pulling the fuse and reinstalling it.

Also the past posts about your overheating relay popping lots. . . If you have one, smell around for propane 1st, reset the relay . . . one time only ! ! If it pops again, unplug the refrigerator and 1st chance get it to a shop. You are playing with fire . . . I did have one on my old bus that with everything off, would pop while driving across the property . . . had to replace the relay.

texasbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
Carknocker Family
You check the fuses in the circuit board. Mine has a glass 12 volt fuse. I kept blowing it when I had my fans plugged into the light switch inside fridge. Have since rewired to external source.
Nights camped 2014...26
Nights camped 2015...20
Nights camped 2016...20
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #24
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
You need to download the correct manuals and service documentation from Dometic for your exact model. Some do not have a reset on the thermal fuse and some do not have a separate thermal fuse controlled by the switch in Turb's picture such as this.

In this model the thermofuse is one assembly and it has no reset.

Needless to say, if your having issues with thermo fuses no matter where they are located that's a more critical issue than if the fridge is not cooling because you're playing with fire............literally.
I had a case last winter where the small thumb screw on the manual shut off had turned its self to the off position (travel vibration?) and prevented the fridge running in propane mode. Just turned it to the on position and tightened it up and it worked OK. I've also had the AC fuse blow on the control panel and they are hard to get. Radio Shack used to stock them but they've gone away.
bruane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
Not all the Radio Shacks are gone......I just picked up two packages of those fuses at Radio Shack in Mt Pleasant PA earlier in the week. Just go to the Radio Shack website and use the locator. The one in our town closed awhile ago which was about 10 miles from the one I found open. Those fuses are $6 each at an RV dealer, $3.49 for 5 at RS.
125V 5A 20mm glass fuse
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #26
Dealer called me back today. It was a blown thermofuse. I knew it was a fuse blown somewhere. I asked them where it's located and they will show me tomorrow when I pick it up. They said it's located behind the fridge, ?. Most expensive fuse ever- $120. lol
mattp160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #27
That item is called a thermofuse. It was installed as part of the Dometic recall. It is supposed to trip if the stack gets too hot. I am having issues with mine so I unfortunately know all about it. You can bypass the fuse (temporarily) to see if that is your issue.

You have to remove the metal heat shield to the right of the control panel (3 screws) and it is riveted to the stack. There are 2 wires connected to it.

I kept blowing 15 amp fuses and I could not get the refer to work. One of the ends of the thermofuse was corroded and was grounding out. It is a $5 part.
Miahd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #28
Unfortunately I keep tripping the thermofuse. I replaced the new one and hopefully it holds. The stack does not get too hot song really don't know why it keeps blowing. Any ideas?

Miahd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic, fridge, power