Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #1

Dometic fridge problems

I have a 2018 26 VFKS by Flagstaff. It has a Dometic DM2852LBX fridge That quit. We left a camp with everything working fine and when I stopped at the dump I noticed the fridge had switched over to gas. Since I would be back on shore power soon I went in and turned off the fridge. Now it will not come back on. No lights on the control panel, all breakers and fuses checked, even the glass one on the board. Got power to the board. Any ideas? Thanks.
JFWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:02 PM   #2

First thing I would try is cycle 12V power to it by pulling and reinserign the fuse in your main breaker panel. There is a small microcontroller on the control board and that will reset it.

Do you have a solid 12V? Have you actually measured the voltage and its not too low?

I know you said there is power to the control board. The light inside comes on when you open the door right?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the help, got 13.75 volts, door light has never worked ( new switch at dealer but I don't feel like hauling it in and leaving for that ), and tried removing the fuse marked appliances with no result. Thankfully this thing is still in warranty and FR provides mobile mechanic. If any other ideas please post as waiting for mobile help might get old.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #4
Site Team

Just worked on one of these with a friend. The control board was bad so it was replaced, but still did not work ( no lights on control panel). Removed control panel only to find that one of the connectors had come loose. Reconnected cable and all was well. Not sure if loose connector caused the board to fail.
I would remove control panel and check connections. Should be two screws on bottom of panel. If this does not fix it, you may need a new control board. Not a hard fix.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWarner View Post
Thanks for the help, got 13.75 volts
Did you measure this after removing the AC panel inside the back of the unit? Just making sure.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:29 PM   #6

Fixed

Mobile repair guy found a breaker on the over temp switch on the burner. He hit the tiny reset button between the leads that he had never seen before and all was fixed. Charged me $100 that was reasonable but Dometic will not cover. At least my beer is now cold.

Tags
dometic, fridge