Old 06-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
Wow, more fans could make it worse! !!! Didn't expect that!!! I do know that the tube that runs up the refrigerator to the top where the cooling fins are is HOT. Accidentally touched the back of my wrist on it and burned my skin resulting in a blister, thought an extra fan would help cool it down. What a complicated system this is!
Things need to get hot to get cold , if your freezing good in the freezer but not rf then you may have another issues . you can keep blowing on it and hope it works maybe you'll get lucky . go a head add another fan or two
The boiler that you refer to is supposed to be hot very hot . do not try and cool the boiler off .

Old 06-30-2016, 09:43 PM   #132

Ok, now starting to make sense, I was trying to cool down the parts that need to be hot. I am taking it to the dealer on Tuesday and the dealer, again is going to try and see why the freezer works buy the refrigerator doesn't. Will keep you updated. Thanks for your help.

2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #133

Well TURBS. I have three fans blowing out at the top. One pulling air in at the bottom. The one that came with the fridge. Two inside for circulation. Thermister shoved all the way up. Still at best UNLOADED 42 degrees. LOADED 50 and up. So at what point can I say this thing is a piece of junk?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #134

I've mentioned this before and i'll do it one more time . if the freezer is getting good and cold the issue is not air flow in the back . it very well maybe bad assembly at the factory as it seems there are a number of people that have great freezers but not fridge . the cooling tube that goes behind the fridge against the metal fins you see inside may not be making good contact . either a lack of heat/cool transfer compound or the cooling unit is not fitted tight all this can make one part work better over the other . if all else fails then this is where i would look . but it's a pain to do . seems once someone digs into it an finds the exact issues then the dealers can be told how to fix it .
Old 07-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #135

it's not like dometic hasn't had problems with their factory's like the Mexican AC's failure rated
Old 07-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #136

Northstar1960. You are correct on freezer great fridge not. That is exactly mine. Can you explain exactly what I am looking for in the back of inside? Fins are to attach how? or connected how? What is the fix? Thank you!!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #137

Is the fix something I can do? what is needed? (materials etc.)
Old 07-18-2016, 06:37 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBUZ View Post
Northstar1960. You are correct on freezer great fridge not. That is exactly mine. Can you explain exactly what I am looking for in the back of inside? Fins are to attach how? or connected how? What is the fix? Thank you!!

Yes you can. but i would and i hate to say it do the dealer first and see if they would be willing to go that far to see if it is the cause [are you under warranty?]. the fridge would need to be pulled . then the cooling unit removed , basically the entire back of the fridge . it is built as a single component and they are replaceable .
I only say to look based on peoples troubles with good freezer and not so good fridge and having seen first hand how the units work or fail to work if the cooling unit is not installed correctly . my unit with out fans keeps the fridge ice cold , with ice forming on the interior fins .

when all other solutions fail then the not so obvious need to be looked at

IF so you maybe fixing a lot of others issues and giving them a solution. and alerting others to this .

I have replaced cooling units about 4 hrs labor and help getting the unit out and back in
Old 07-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #139

one more thing this is just a suggestion/ idea of what the trouble might be based on info that i've read from here and other posts . i wish i new someone that had this issue so i could dig into it .
Old 07-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
one more thing this is just a suggestion/ idea of what the trouble might be based on info that i've read from here and other posts . i wish i new someone that had this issue so i could dig into it .
I had the identical problem. 2015 32DBKS. Dometic 2652. Refrigerator is located on a slide. Never worked from day 1. The dealer replaced the cooling unit last summer. Worked until Memorial day 2016. Forrest River finally said they will replace it! July 5th my trailer went in and picked it up on July 15. Dometic had the dealer test the unit on gad and electric to make sure the refrigerator works. It worked fine probably aware of the ventilation issues and when this new refrigerator fails, as I am sure it will, Dometic will then say it was installed incorrectly. Which I think it is. I will let you know how it goes, as of now refrigerator is at 38 degrees with outside Temps of 90 degrees. What year and model is trailer?

2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge