Old 07-20-2016, 03:08 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
I had the identical problem. 2015 32DBKS. Dometic 2652. Refrigerator is located on a slide. Never worked from day 1. The dealer replaced the cooling unit last summer. Worked until Memorial day 2016. Forrest River finally said they will replace it! July 5th my trailer went in and picked it up on July 15. Dometic had the dealer test the unit on gad and electric to make sure the refrigerator works. It worked fine probably aware of the ventilation issues and when this new refrigerator fails, as I am sure it will, Dometic will then say it was installed incorrectly. Which I think it is. I will let you know how it goes, as of now refrigerator is at 38 degrees with outside Temps of 90 degrees. What year and model is trailer?
something is going on . seems it worked well once they replace the cooling unit . then after awhile not so much . then they replace the whole fridge . it's working now ? you think it was installed incorrectly . what makes you think that ? if they did not build a chimney and there is to much space behind the fridge then that could cause issues . . lots of little variables go into making the fridge work correctly . get one off by to much and then it will have issues .

Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
something is going on . seems it worked well once they replace the cooling unit . then after awhile not so much . then they replace the whole fridge . it's working now ? you think it was installed incorrectly . what makes you think that ? if they did not build a chimney and there is to much space behind the fridge then that could cause issues . . lots of little variables go into making the fridge work correctly . get one off by to much and then it will have issues .
Yes, according to the installation instructions from Dometic there are supposed to be baffles, clearance specs that are not on my trailer, however Forrest River assures me that Dometic has a rep on the factory floor making sure every refrigerator is installed to spec. Mine didn't even have a fan kit installed and that is one of the requirements when installing the refrigerator on a slide.

2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #143

[QUOTE=Bilcin;1265058]Yes, according to the installation instructions from Dometic there are supposed to be baffles, clearance specs that are not on my trailer, however Forrest River assures me that Dometic has a rep on the factory floor making sure every refrigerator is installed to spec. Mine didn't even have a fan kit installed and that is one of the requirements when installing the refrigerator on a slide.[/QUOTEN

Now that got me laughing . FR assures that there is a dometic rep on the factory floor making sure all units are installed to spec . it BS never ends in the RV industry
Old 07-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #144

The rep must ALWAYS be asleep on the job!

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #145

I was thinking the same thing!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:22 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
The rep must ALWAYS be asleep on the job!
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt: while he's fixing one, they slip 15 others past him on the line!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #147

Add me to the list of the fridge not cooling correctly! Dometic DM2852 started to act up out last camping trip. I didn't have a thermometer at the time but the food in the fridge felt warm, the freezer worked great.

When I got home I tested it and temp in fridge ranges from 39-50 depending on outside temp. 39 in the morning, 50 in the evening. I added two 120mm fans in the cavity behind the fridge to help vent, did not seem to help.

The thermistors is located at the very top of the far right cooling fin.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #148

On ours what worked was removing the top external vent cover. Even putting two fans inside would not do the trick with the cover in place. OTOH, remove the cover and it works perfectly, fans or no fans.

It's ugly, but works and shows clearly that the problem is installation and condenser circulation, the reefer itself is solid. Guess the Dometic guy is focused on sales, being sure at least one goes in every TT.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #149

Ours is not in a slide, it has roof vent. Seems like the thermistor is not reading correct temp, thus not letting fridge cool to correct temp. Maybe that's the reason for varying temperatures?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty665 View Post
On ours what worked was removing the top external vent cover. Even putting two fans inside would not do the trick with the cover in place. OTOH, remove the cover and it works perfectly, fans or no fans.

It's ugly, but works and shows clearly that the problem is installation and condenser circulation, the reefer itself is solid. Guess the Dometic guy is focused on sales, being sure at least one goes in every TT.
With the vent cover removed is the entire opening unobstructed? Below is a picture of my upper vent with cover removed. On the bottom right side of the opening on the inside just below the opening is 1/4 inch Luan with jagged edge showing that it was ripped along the entire width of the bottom of the opening. My friend had a 2016 Coachman Liberty with the exact floor plan of my 2015 Palomino Puma 32DBKS. He also had the Dometic 2652 refrigerator/freezer. On his upper vent plywood covered the vent with just 2 inches from the top left unobstructed. His worked fine and had a fan kit already installed from the factory. My Dometic 2652 didn't come with a fan kit, and there wasn't even a fan circuit on my electric schematic where his HAD a fan circuit on his electric schematic! I am on my 2 refrigerator and have the Temps of 38-45 degrees with outside Temps of 90.

Tags
dometic, fridge