Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #21
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTex View Post
Have a Dometic Refrigerator Model 3150SSX (the SSX is not in the operator manual but appears to be like the 3150M). It is set on auto but will not switch to electric when I plug the trailer into the receptacle. The frig continues to operate on propane. Itís cooling fine, just won't switch to electric.

I suspect it's not getting juice? Iíve checked the breaker and itís okay. Also checked the fuse underneath the frig that I accessed from the exterior, and it appears okay. The troubleshooting guide doesnít offer any other suggestions other than call a repairman. Anyone had any experience with this or other suggestions? I need to find the power coming in to the unit and check it but haven't had a chance. Qualifier: I'm not exactly a pro at doing this stuff!!
I have a dumb question: how can you tell which power source (gas or electric) it is using and/or if it has switched over?

Old 06-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #22
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

The frig has a lighted button indication and tells you if your on ac or gas. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #23

On my frig up at the top right, there is a readout that gives the temp and also says "Auto" and "LP". If the frig is on Auto, a small dot appears to the left of the word. When running on gas, a small dot appears to the left of the word LP. When it's running on electricity, only the dot to the left of Auto appears.

Hope that's easy to understand!
FarmerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #24
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTex View Post
On my frig up at the top right, there is a readout that gives the temp and also says "Auto" and "LP". If the frig is on Auto, a small dot appears to the left of the word. When running on gas, a small dot appears to the left of the word LP. When it's running on electricity, only the dot to the left of Auto appears.

Hope that's easy to understand!
Mine just has the ON/OFF and AUTO/LP buttons, no indicator lights which one (electricity vs. gas) it's using when in AUTO mode.

Tags
dometic, electric, gas