Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator( 7 series) dmr-702

My dealer is having trouble getting replacement fans from Dometic. I have decided to purchase 2 computer fans and have the dealer install them since the Dometic fans are on backorder. I have seen that they are 92mm fans, am I correct?? Would install 120mm, but they will not fit without modification!! Any ideas?? Thanks fkwalter
fkwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

I added 2 12 volt PC fans to my last camper. I just wire tied them to the vent covers and had he one at the bottom blowing In and the one at the top blowing out. This dropped the temp in my fridge over 15 degrees. I was able to freeze stuff in my fridge on even the hottest days. This was a bit a rig job but it worked like a champ.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2015 Sierra Select 32QBBS
2015 nights camping = 22

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #3

I have 2 factory fans on mine on the outside blowing up at the top coil. I also have a dual fan mounted on the coils on the inside fridge coils and like the last poster says we can freeze stuff on in the fridge if we set it to low. I can't get to the 2 fans on the outside to measure them for you sorry they are down in the to far for me to reach. They look like large computer fans though. around 90 mm looks about right. You could always rig a couple in there till the factory replacements get there.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, refrigerator