Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator check light

The check light on Dometic Refrigerator comes on and the unit isn't cooling properly. It is set to Auto mode and the gas is turned off. Any idea what the problem could be?
Old 04-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #2

Are you leveled out? Fridge likes to be level.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerz View Post
The check light on Dometic Refrigerator comes on and the unit isn't cooling properly. It is set to Auto mode and the gas is turned off. Any idea what the problem could be?
When in auto the gas has to be turned on. When you loose power to it , it switches to gas automatically. If it didn't light or the gas is off, it will turn that light on to show you it's not working. That's if I read your question right.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #4

Thank you, maybe that is part of the problem. We turned the gas off when plugged in at the campsite and didn't realize it needed to stay on. The problem is that when the light came on, it stopped cooling. It was plugged in the whole time so we are wondering if there is constant flow of power to the refrigerator. I wouldn't think is should keep switching from AC to Gas while plugged in.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazerz View Post
Thank you, maybe that is part of the problem. We turned the gas off when plugged in at the campsite and didn't realize it needed to stay on. The problem is that when the light came on, it stopped cooling. It was plugged in the whole time so we are wondering if there is constant flow of power to the refrigerator. I wouldn't think is should keep switching from AC to Gas while plugged in.
No it shouldn't, unless the power blinked on you. It will not come back until you reset the switch. Best to leave the gas on, it really doesn't use much at all, a lot of times I put it in gas, and just leave it there.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #6

Domestic fridge keeps going to check

I have a 1 year old domestic dm2652 we are parked in a sesonal site with 30 amp service.
I am plugged in and my propane is turned on.my fridge keep flipping to check randomly..if I turn it to gas I can hear it light and all the lights are on in the fridge. It will work for days and then I'll come in and the check light will be on.
amyhugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #7

Gas tank OPEN....

Is gas in tank?...

Fridge in AUTO....

Turn OFF/ON again....

Light Stove burner to insure gas is flowing....

Check the cheap thermostat clip/sensor to insure it is in right position. Mine was not cooling this weekend at some point and the sensor was hanging down in the bottom of the fridge.

I have had my Check light come on several time for unknown reasons. Usually one of those items above but sometimes it has just taken several resets (OFF/ON).
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #8

Ours kept coming on and would not cool and I had to replace the heating element at only 2 years old. Pretty simple job though, just aggravating on a relatively new unit.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #9

Yes to all the above.
Tanks are full
It's on auto
Went the check come on I turn it on and 9ff it goes out.
If I put it to gas instead of auto it clicks a couple times and lights
The thermostat is attached where it should be
amyhugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhugs View Post
Yes to all the above.
Tanks are full
It's on auto
Went the check come on I turn it on and 9ff it goes out.
If I put it to gas instead of auto it clicks a couple times and lights
The thermostat is attached where it should be
Did you check the burner outside? I had the check light problem a couple times on our old last class C. I pulled the heat shield & found the burner clogged with pollen & cottonwood seeds. I had to blow it out with an air hose.

I installed the Camco Flying Insect Screen for Dometic Refrigerator Vents to keep bugs & pollen out of my fridge burner.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Refridge vent screens.jpg
Views:	2658
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	205032
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Did you check the burner outside? I had the check light problem a couple times on our old last class C. I pulled the heat shield & found the burner clogged with pollen & cottonwood seeds. I had to blow it out with an air hose.

I installed the Camco Flying Insect Screen for Dometic Refrigerator Vents to keep bugs & pollen out of my fridge burner.
Attachment 205032
Never seen those before, thanks! I will be ordering a set as we have a lot of Cottonwood in these parts.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
Never seen those before, thanks! I will be ordering a set as we have a lot of Cottonwood in these parts.
I hate cottonwood trees. I removed the cottonwood trees in my backyard ten years ago and I am still fighting the spouts of the neighbor's trees.

Don't forget to get bug screens for the Hot water heater & Furnace.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
I hate cottonwood trees. I removed the cottonwood trees in my backyard ten years ago and I am still fighting the spouts of the neighbor's trees.
I'm no fan either. But here in the high Nevada desert they are one tree that is hearty. So consquently they are all over the place, including two of my close neighbors. Not to mention my next door neighbor burns it in his wood stove and it STINKS.

Tags
check, dometic, light, refrigerator