Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
It's really hard to see in this photo but I think that white wire you refer to
is the thermostat sensor.
It looks to me like you are merely moving the sensor up or down on the cooling fin.
I suppose that might cause the fridge to sense slightly more heat or cool depending
on if it were located near the top or bottom of that cooling fin.
My sensor is attached to the wire shelf you show in the photo.

Are you sure you have an actual damper door that opens and closes???????
Can you see it?
My freezer is separated from the lower compartment. It is totally sealed.
In fact the freezer door often gets vacuum locked and is difficult to pull open.

Today 8 AM we go for our Dometic recall repair and immediately after that
we bug out for 3 days.
Happy camping!!!!!
KyDan - thanks for clearing that up and saying it is the thermistor and not a damper control. Check yesterday's discussion about thermistors for a lot more discussion about this.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
This is a pic of my Dometic fridge on the in side where the damper control is. This a left handed fridge and the damper control is on the upper right hand side. The model number is RM-2652 and this model made the recall list just before we left for Myrtle Beach, If you look close at the white plastic slide you will see a white wire attached to the bottom and go's out of the back of the fridge, this is what controls the damper action on this model.
Do a search for Thermistor and you will find a lot of good discussion about them. I believe what you have in your photo is a thermistor and if you push it all the way up on the fin (be sure the cable is under the sliding sleeve) it should bring the frig tenp down and if you slide it down, the frig temp should get warmer.

B47 is offline   Reply With Quote

dinosaur, dometic, refrigerator