Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #1

Dometic refrigerator recall

hi, Just bought a 2013 Rockwood, 35ft trailer. on the first outing the refrig went out and then the furnance, lights, sensors, and so on. replaced fuses. Limped back to dealership in the middle of storm in the east (what an experience). Dealer is trying to say it is the result of bad refrig yet he is rewiring and adding a new circuit. I am very skeptical about this trailer. Advice? Has anyone experienced this.
Dshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #2

I'm not sure what your post actually has to do with your subject line? Are you saying there is a recall? Are you asking if there should be a recall given what's going on?
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post
I'm not sure what your post actually has to do with your subject line? Are you saying there is a recall? Are you asking if there should be a recall given what's going on?
Confused as well.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #4

Old 03-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #5

The dealership is saying all the problems are due to a refrig recall that goes back to the early 2000's.. They are not saying it is a recent recall . We are not sure all of these electrical problems are due to the refrigerator or something else. What happened to us does not match what we read about why the refrigerators were recalled some 10 years ago. Our trailer is new. Just wondering if anyone else had had such electrical failures.
Dshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshannon View Post
The dealership is saying all the problems are due to a refrig recall that goes back to the early 2000's.. They are not saying it is a recent recall . We are not sure all of these electrical problems are due to the refrigerator or something else. What happened to us does not match what we read about why the refrigerators were recalled some 10 years ago. Our trailer is new. Just wondering if anyone else had had such electrical failures.
I find this weird as my last fridge recall was in 2006.
Had nothing to do with electrical problems.

Keep us updated.

Be nice to know your fridge model.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshannon View Post
Truth be told, most campers have some issues when they're new. Some minor, and some- like yours, fairly major. I don't have a Rockwood and have been watching/reading these forums for a few months now and haven't heard of major issues like you've described in your threads.

I'd say it's definitely something that the dealer needs to take care of. I can't say that I buy that it's related to any refrigerator recall that I've ever heard of. Seems weird that they'd immediately peg it to that. But, I'd let them do their due diligence in diagnosing it and then go from there.

Hopefully they get you fixed up and on the road for many happy camping days ahead...
Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I think...... after thinking till smoke bellowed from my tiny noggin that he may have meant dometic fridge warranty?