Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator stopped working

I have a 7 series refrigerator freezer. It was working fine and I got to the campsite and I have two flashing lights on the temperature side. The error code according to the manual states overheating thermostat disconnected / the cooling unit has been overheated service required... can someone help as I'm here for five days with a full load of food.

Thanks
jasanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's a thread with the same problem DMR-702 lights blinking and how they fixed it.

You could temporarily connect those two wires on the hi-limit together and see if it fixes the problem if it won't reset. Only temporarily though.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. I bought a refrigerator freezer from Home Depot and a very nice rv repair person is coming today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Very frustrating as I've never had a problem. I'm very proactive when it comes to maintaining the TT
Old 07-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #4

Same exact problem happened with my refrigerator this week while I was in Wyoming attending Longmire Days. Have an appointment with the dealer on the 20th. Mine went out on day one of 6 day trip. Thank goodness I had my Yeti.
PARADOX-SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
Part-Time

Fridge Thermal Fuse

My 2017 2618 Ultra V has a DMR 702 fridge and I have had a total of 4 failures of the Thermal fuse. It seems that there is an addon or retrofit to the thermal fuse wiring. The drawing shows one thermal fuse when in fact there seem to be 2 in series on my unit. The original one in the stack has a reset button on it. Then there is another one in series that has some black flexible tubing over it. This failed 3 times on my first fridge and I made them replace it on the 3rd time because we lost some meat in the freezer and I figured it would probably stink no matter how hard you tried to clean it. The new fridge had white lights rather than blue so that was an improvement but it failed on the first outing. We were in Canada and I got it fixed in Trail B.C. at Rock Island RV. Nice bunch there, they got me right in and fixed it while the wife made sandwiches for lunch. Would have taken days at my local dealer. There are two part numbers with different temp ratings. I think that PN 3851409015 has the higher rating. The other number is 2932781012. I got the 385 number from the guys at Rock Island and the 293 number from the guys here in Spokane. Anyway if this additional thermal fuse is open for a temporary fix you can just pull that black sheathing out of the way and twist the wires of the fuse together. You have removed a safety device that didn't exist until recently so proceed with due caution. I think the guys at the local shop were placeing the fuse too far behind the stack where it was so hot it couldn't survive. Hope this helps because it is a simple fix if that is the problem.
mwtracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #6

Thanks for all of your replys it was the thermo fuse... quick fix. The repair person did say that I have no baffling on the top of my unit so that's a problem which could cause overheating. I will look into that when I get home. Now I'll have to reach out to forest river and or dometic to attempt to get reimbursed for the repair as the person that came wanted nothing to do with going through the warranty. One side note which was disappointing is that I called four local forest river dealers in the area for help and none would give me the "time of day". In any event I was lucky to finally find a mobile dometic repair person. Safe Travels
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
Part-Time

Glad your up and running again.

Of the 4 failures that I had with my thermal fuse I would swear that 2 of them occurred while I was switching either from shore power or to shore power. I have no explanation for this but I really believe it happened so now I always turn my fridge of when I am switch from or to propane. The first time I took mine in they said baffling was wrong over the fridge and the changed it. Seemed like it was a problem the service department new about and expected to see.
I know what you mean about Forest River Dealers not really wanting your business. They are way behind trying to fix the ones their customers bought. I wonder if there hasn't been a management change somewhere in their organization. The used to have a good reputation but now they seem to be turning out a lot of junk. My trailer spent 152 days of the first year in the shop. I would spend the money to get out from under this thing and I still may. The problem is we really like the floor plan.
Well best wishes and good luck you will need it with a FR product.
By the way check and see if your furnace cycles properly. My burner would be on for 2.5 minutes and off for 1.5 minutes because the plenum was too small. FR should issue a recall but they probably won't.
mwtracht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, refrigerator