Old 05-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #1

Dometic refrigerator will not work

We have a forest river Cherokee which has a dometic refrigerator. We bought the camper used in April. Everything seemed to work when we bought it. They said Fridge worked, it seemed cold,they said they had just plugged it in before we got there. Well we started getting camper ready for camping and refrigerator would not work. Checked all voltage everything seems good going into circuit board but no power coming out. We had someone who repairs circuit boards fix it. Got it back but still no power coming out of circuit board. fuses all good also. Is there a way to test circuit board?? or bypass it to find out if that is definitely the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

sstritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #2

Is the trailer plugged into 120VAC?
Do you have strong 12VDC?
Is the gas turned on and did you purge the gas lines?
How long did you let it run before deciding it had amproblem?
Absorbition refers generally take anywhere from 18 to 24 hours pre cool before you want to fill it with food.
Thet MUST have 12VDC for the controls.
They MUST have either 120VAC or propane to run.
Lacking any or all can cause a no start.

donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I think donniedu covered it nicely.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #4

dometic refrig wont work

did purge gas lines...turned stove on..it worked used gas burners for over 5 minutes. furnace worked, air conditioner works good, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with electrical for camper. just refrigerator. Interior light in refrig has no power but display lights work on control panel...had it on for over 2 days and discovered it was not getting any cooler. Made sure camper is level and still does not work.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #5

What position is the Thermister in?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #6

Is refrigerator plugged in to ac at the rear? (donniedu's first question)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstritt View Post
We have a forest river Cherokee which has a dometic refrigerator. We bought the camper used in April. Everything seemed to work when we bought it. They said Fridge worked, it seemed cold,they said they had just plugged it in before we got there. Well we started getting camper ready for camping and refrigerator would not work. Checked all voltage everything seems good going into circuit board but no power coming out. We had someone who repairs circuit boards fix it. Got it back but still no power coming out of circuit board. fuses all good also. Is there a way to test circuit board?? or bypass it to find out if that is definitely the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If the seller had the trailer plugged into 120 VAC then the problem is on the 12 VDC propane side. Does the propane stove light?

I had a two different refrigerators that stopped working on propane over the last ten years. First time I took it in to the RV repair shop, he replaced the board. The next year it happened again. The same RV repair shop could find anything wrong with the board but said the burner was dirty.

The next time I the checked the burner and saw cottonwood fluff in the burner. I was able clean it with canned air. Each spring I clean the fridge burner with canned air. I now have bug screens on my fridge to keep bugs and cottonwood out.

Cottonwood Tree Seeds Fluff
Click image for larger version

Name:	EasternCottonwoodSeed_m_0926.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	173172

Amazon: Cynder 00664 Refrigerator Screen for Insects (Dometic)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug screen 71r2NV0DaXL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	173173
Retired: Alaska Army NG
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #8
Head Rambler

Give us the model of the fridge and we'll see if we can walk you through troubleshooting the board.

Did you try to put it on gas to see if that worked, or was it in Auto the whole time?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #9

not sure what position thermistor is in. I am not even sure I know where that is I will have my husband check that when he gets home
Old 05-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #10

the model is a dometic 2652 and it will not work on propane or electric..when we just put it on gas the check light comes on immediatley

Tags
dometic, refrigerator