Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Not to point out the obvious, but make sure you don't have both the 12v and 120v switches set to 'on' at the same time.

Always switch whatever you are using to off first the switch the new voltage selector to on.

Other than that I'm at a loss. I doesn't seem right that sometimes it works and sometimes not.

2011 FR Rockwood Premiere A126 Hard Side
TV=2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2 Dr
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Strange that its intermittent so these are just guesses.

As said above... Run one power system at a time. Electric thermostat set on 5.

When the fridge is NOT working on AC, is every other outlet in the camper working? Have you ever had to reset a GFI? That would be too simple, but you never know.

Do you feel comfortable testing for 120 volts at the fridge's circuit board? If so, I would make sure there is voltage at the board those times it is not working on AC. If not 120, than you've narrowed it down.

Have you examined the board for damage - any brown burnt areas?

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
I look at owning a camper just like owning a house, something always goes wrong. Don't get frustrasted, things will get better. Back in 2005, DW and I bought our first P/U, at the dealer check with us the everything worked fine, turned on the fridge a few days later to go camping and it did not work. Took it in to the dealer and they showed me where all the tubes on the condenser had turned green, had a refrigerant leak. They changed out the fridge and all was good. You probably know this but these fridges need to be pretty well level to work well and they can overheat because the ventilation is not that good. I put a small exhaust fan on my unit to help remove some of the heat build up and they do work good if you get them in the wrong spot. Something to think about. Hope things for you go better and you find your problem.
2016 Forest River Surveyor 201RBS
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.3L
backpacker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
I think I've done all I can. Any further testing is out of my league. I suppose I have to find an RV repair person for a 9 month old fridge!
Rintreglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #15
backpacker3....thanks for your post....quick question though. the gargage probably got to over 100 degrees yesterday, if it did overheat, aside from it not working, how else might you know that was the problem? as I mentioned, it did work when I put in on DC last night but then failed when I switched it back to AC.

Rintreglia is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic rm4223