Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1

Thumbs down Dometic RM4223 fridge not working!!!

Just puchased a 2012 A Frame that was used literally once by the previous owners. Stupidly I did not ask to see everything running prior to purchase. I figured 2012, one use, still smells brand new....what could possibly be broken! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Plugged the unit in and low and behold the fidge will not work on AC. Try different things for days and could not get it to work. (Original owner had no knowledge of the fridge not working). I finally give up and figure we'll just use propane until we can get it fixed (warranty only covers original owner!). A couple of weeks go by and I notice that the battery is now dead probaby from the CO/LP detecter and a small light on the stereo. No problem, just plug the unit back into the AC and that will charge the battery. What the hell....why not try the fridge again...... Well what do you know....the fridge now works!! Take it camping...works great, come home, plug back into AC...works great in garage for weeks.....today, craps out again for no reason. Nothing moved, nothing different! I'm so frustrated I could scream!

P.S. the latch on the power converter broke, fixed that. Bad rain storm during second trip and water leaked onto counter above microwave. Corners of top part of door and bottom half of door bending. LP/CO detector going off for no apparent reason scaring the heck out of us. So sad and disillustioned with this Flagstaff T12DD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #2

Further to my rant above, I switch the fridge over to DC, and it works!?!?!!?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

have you checked voltage at the fridge plug in ?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

if you take the outside cover off and look to the left side there is your cord unplug it and check the outlet for voltage . If there is 110v there then you can rule that out .
Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #5

I plugged in the hair dryer and it works fine.....is that considered "checking the voltage"?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rintreglia View Post
I plugged in the hair dryer and it works fine.....is that considered "checking the voltage"?
when you took the door off and plugged it in where the plug is then yes id say you have power .

if you go to dometic web site they may have a troubleshoot guide but I might have to guess at this point its the board . Click image for larger version

Name:	!BfP(l4w!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DUErdH1hLtlBL!crkNdPQ~~_3.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	13248
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

ok, so as I said it was working on DC. I switched it back to AC and it appears to be working now. I did lower the tongue some to make it more level. Perhaps that was it but I don't think so because of the original issues I was having with it not working. If the garage got very hot today, I wonder if that could have triggered something to shut it off? Or maybe its that board above.....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Herk probably has a troubleshoot guide if he shows up tonight I know he will post it !
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rintreglia View Post
ok, so as I said it was working on DC. I switched it back to AC and it appears to be working now. I did lower the tongue some to make it more level. Perhaps that was it but I don't think so because of the original issues I was having with it not working. If the garage got very hot today, I wonder if that could have triggered something to shut it off? Or maybe its that board above.....

The operation manuel has a trouble shooting guide and one part says to make sure that thermostat is not set on 0 it has some other stuff in it so I have a pdf file for you......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bd9a3459-6490-4ea9-9fa2-6ce1c53895e9.pdf (363.0 KB, 347 views)

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #10

Thanks, read that front to back a few times!

Tags
dometic rm4223