Old 12-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #11

In addition to keeping it on auto, sometimes there is a bit of a delay between turning it down and the unit actually stopping.

2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #12
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
In addition to keeping it on auto, sometimes there is a bit of a delay between turning it down and the unit actually stopping.
I think that's the procedure with any heater. Once the heat source (propane, electric, whatever) is removed the fan will continue to run until a pre-defined temperature in the actual "furnace" is reached. Works with that in my TT and on both of the Trane units at home.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I think that's the procedure with any heater. Once the heat source (propane, electric, whatever) is removed the fan will continue to run until a pre-defined temperature in the actual "furnace" is reached. Works with that in my TT and on both of the Trane units at home.
Ok I'm familiar with that delay. The problem was that this thing didn't seem to respond at all to my requests to lower the temperature. There's usually a 'click' when a relay switches off the heater or AC as the temperature set point is varied. I had to go about 20-30 degrees below the ambient temperature before the unit realized "ok, you want me to stop heating now!"
Old 12-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #14

We have the same thermostat. Ours went out 1 month after We got it in Our New 2014 Surveyor. Rather than pull everything up and go off to the dealer (We Winter in Ours in Florida) We just called The Mobile Repair (Certified and can do warranty work). He said if He had a dollar for everyone of these He has had to replace, He could retire early. It was only $39.00 to replace and He was there for another issue so We weren't charged labor. It took Him 5 minutes to replace.

Tags
dometic, thermostat