Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #1

Dometic Thermostat Problem

I have a Dometic T'stat (3313189.000) in my trailer that is acting up. If I have it set on heat it cycles just like it is supposed to. If I have it on AC it will run one cycle and then IF the t'stat is satisfied it will not turn the AC on UNTIL we either turn the t'stat off OR if I short the temperature sensor it will run a cycle again. I am thinking that the t'stat needs replacing, but not real certain. I have checked for a replacement, but run into this:
Quote:
The Dometic 3313189.000 is now obsolete by the manufacture. Dometic recommends replacing this thermostat with the Dometic 3316230.000.
Am I on the right track? Years ago I used to work on HVAC systems (residential and commercial) but those were the old analog controls.
Tom
Old 04-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Multi-Slacker

Just for clarity, you are saying that the A/C will not cycle even if the temp is above the set point? How far above does it get before you manually restart or short?
Old 04-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Site Team

Have you tried initializing the thermostat? If not, it's worth a try to see if it helps.

There have been reports of that happening and the problem was the control board in the A/C.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #4

Guess I forgot a couple of things....I have re=initialized the t'stat and tried setting the differential to 1 degree instead of two degrees.

CurtPutnam, the space temp will climb as high as I let it without doing anything.

Bama Rambler, I have heard of that too, but trying to properly diagnose the issue instead of throwing parts at it........

Tags
dometic, thermostat