Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

DVD sound

Hi All ... Ok I am confused why when you purchase a new unit with premium surround sound, you would think it would be ready. It wasnt on my 34tbok 5th wheel. I tore into it an figured out the TV did not have the fibered cable so bought that an work now. Radio works great, now I tried the DVD and found that the sub woofer is not working when playing DVDs. It works with radio and now with TV but not DVD..what gives what do I gave to do to get it working.

Thanks
rlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmith View Post
Hi All ... Ok I am confused why when you purchase a new unit with premium surround sound, you would think it would be ready. It wasnt on my 34tbok 5th wheel. I tore into it an figured out the TV did not have the fibered cable so bought that an work now. Radio works great, now I tried the DVD and found that the sub woofer is not working when playing DVDs. It works with radio and now with TV but not DVD..what gives what do I gave to do to get it working.

Thanks
Which radio do you have? Sounds like a menu setting might be off.
I don't know why it would work with the TV but not the DVD.
Is the DVD you are playing encoded with Dolby? Try another one (like Jurassic Park)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

The DVD is Dolby.
The system is Genesis GT-3.0
Will try the setup. Haven't been able to get to all the menues so dont know why that is .... but will continue to see if I can figure it out this weekend.
rlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd