Originally Posted by the old geezer
Hi, My unit is about a year old, and untill now not really used the electric fire.
it worked fine for a couple of days, then started to switch itself off after a short time. I can switch it back on after a short time, so maybe it is overheating and a thermal cut out is operating? any ideas? The fire does not have a brand name on it but it is has a flame effect with a remote control. I am in england and the dealer I bought from, probably doesnt have the knowledge to diagnose the problem. Any advise or pointers appreciated
I have a 2010 cedar creek with a fireplace and during that time period there was a recall for overheating/ fires.
Now I do not know if that recall is still in affect ( I sure hope not) but just saying, and I read the recall and ay that time is was the fault of Dimplex the company that makes the fireplaces as the install info was wrong.
So I would have that checked as it seems from posts here that it sounds the same.
Good luck and Happy camping and Merry Christmas