Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
WFD

Electric fireplace/heater issue

Picked up a new Rockwood 8289 this winter and it went straight into storage for the winter, haven't used it yet. Took it home from storage yesterday and started checking everything out on it. The electric fireplace/heater works on fireplace setting, but when I try to get heat from it, the heater comes on and only stays on for 5-10 seconds then shuts off. The thermostat on it is set high enough that it should be staying on. Then if I shut the whole thing down for a few minutes and turn it back on, it does the same thing. Any ideas? The manual for the fireplace is pretty useless... It's a model EF-30B by Intertek...seems like it's pretty common in many of the trailers made by Forest River.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

Our Windjammer has an automatic switch that shuts off the fireplace if the microwave or electric hot water heater are turned on. It is set up on a priority where the microwave always works, the electric water heater next, and the fireplace last. This is necessary with most trailers with a 30 amp power supply.
brianre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
WFD

I haven't dewinterized the trailer yet, so water heater not being used and nor is the microwave....nothing else was on in the trailer other than a couple lights.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #4

On my Hemisphere the fireplace has a timer setting and if you don't set it shortly after turning it on it will turn itself off. On the remote its the button on the right.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heater