Old 02-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
make sure you have white to ground and black to + on the battery when you go in. some converters are not reverse polarity protected and they may try to void the warranty claim on the converter if you got it backwards...
Thanks Crockett, mine is reverse polarity protected. I haven't touched the converter at all--in fact, haven't located it 100%. But battery is hooked up white to negative and red to positive and has been every time. reverse polarity fuses both look good.

kevinstennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
And sometimes the black cable is red but still positive.

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
Ask them to install a battery shut off switch for you. They might throw it in free or just charge you for the switch and not the labor. I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #14
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
And sometimes the black cable is red but still positive.
my apologies...most manufacturers ditched the red for black when they made the switch to a white ground...or so I thought. Im prolly most amazed at the new 14 gauge charge wire on the new pre-wired trucks. they were burning up the pins in the plugs so they downsized the wire...but thats another thread...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #15
No 12 volt or hvac

This was my post on what sounds like a similar issue.
You should look through it for ideas for where it maybe located but this worked for me.

SO long story short ... BEFORE you take it back check these few things out.
UNPLUG the units power cord ! THEN
1) look at your fuse / breaker panel- if it has air vents / louvers then the converter is built in and there should be 2 30-40amp fuses. Check them and even replace them. If they are blown (or if you just replace one or both) plug back in and see if it works.
2) If you do not have air vents louvers then it is most likely behind or under the panel box. (you may have to crawl under the unit and find out where the main cables from the battery enter the unit. You may have to put your hands on the cable and follow it all the way.) Mine was in the closet under a false bottom that just popped right out.
I changed the fuse and everything worked.
Bamamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #16
considering the drive....good advice to just totally troubleshoot before the trip. fuses at the converter a good start...

Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, electrical