I am not done camping (yet) for the year. I have a 2011 Forest River 2651S. For the last 2 months I have had it parked in the driveway and hooked up to 110V power. It has gotten cold here in Virginia so a few weeks ago I activated the ARCTIC switch and drained the pipes to the faucets, shower, and comode.
Recently, it developed a problem where the lights would be dim and would brighten briefly for a minute or so and then would go back to dim. This would coincide with a click sound from the inverter.
This weekend, it was completely dead. No lights, no CO2 sensor, etc. Yet the TV worked fine and the microwave worked fine. The batteries were registering as DEAD. They are good batteries (15 month old Interstate deep cycle high CCA betteries). I would start up the motor and it would be fine but soon it would die out again after cutting motor off.
1) Internal battery charger has maybe failed?
2) Arctic switch drains off the battery regardless of the electrical hookup?
3) Maybe the 110V power source I should not use?
4) The inverter has gone bad?
I just don't see how it could be hooked up to electricity and yet dead at the same time.
We hope to go camping next weekend to a place that has no hookups at all. I do not want a bad trip!
Any thoughts as to cause? Thanks fo rany help you can give me!