Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 03:23 PM   #1

Entertainment console has fallen and can't get up

While driving yesterday through Nebraska noticed it started vibrating. I figured it was a bad sign and sure enough a few hours later it completely came close and fell into the console cavity. Very frustrating. I would have thought FR factory would insure it was attached properly. Anyway anyone experience anything similar? I suspect I need to take the console panel off and see if I can reattach it.
borismkogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:23 PM   #2

Pic Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_081131.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	221339
Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #3

Anyone?
Old 01-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #4

Looks like you will have to remove the console plate. If the screw tabs broke off, you'll probably have to replace the radio, unless it is in a mount, and the tabs broke from the mount, then you just have to get a new mount. Are you still under warranty? If so, I would try contacting the dealer and RV manufacturer first.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borismkogan View Post
The console in our 2014 Georgetown XL 378 is very similar looking. Our radio also fell in. I took the front panel off and found that there was no mounting bracket what so ever! Since we bought the coach used there was no warranty.

I mounted the radio to the plywood under the dash above the radio using pipe strap material. It took a lot of adjustment trial and error but I was able to make it work using existing screws in the side of the radio where the mount was supposed to be. Unfortunately I did not take any photos of the install but it was super simple to make the bracket. If you are interested I can make a mock-up and take photos of that to post.

Almost as bad as the absence of the Radio bracket is how shoddily the front panel with all of the switches was mounted. There was nothing for the screws to bite into other than the 1/8” of vinyl that the console is made of. I used epoxy to attach a thin wooden backer to the inside of the console so that the screws had something to bite into.

2014 Georgetown XL 378TS
2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (...just for fun!)
wslow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
Looks like you will have to remove the console plate. If the screw tabs broke off, you'll probably have to replace the radio, unless it is in a mount, and the tabs broke from the mount, then you just have to get a new mount. Are you still under warranty? If so, I would try contacting the dealer and RV manufacturer first.
Thanks. Out of warranty by a few months...
Old 01-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wslow57 View Post
The console in our 2014 Georgetown XL 378 is very similar looking. Our radio also fell in. I took the front panel off and found that there was no mounting bracket what so ever! Since we bought the coach used there was no warranty.

I mounted the radio to the plywood under the dash above the radio using pipe strap material. It took a lot of adjustment trial and error but I was able to make it work using existing screws in the side of the radio where the mount was supposed to be. Unfortunately I did not take any photos of the install but it was super simple to make the bracket. If you are interested I can make a mock-up and take photos of that to post.

Almost as bad as the absence of the Radio bracket is how shoddily the front panel with all of the switches was mounted. There was nothing for the screws to bite into other than the 1/8” of vinyl that the console is made of. I used epoxy to attach a thin wooden backer to the inside of the console so that the screws had something to bite into.
Thanks for the offer. Not sure I am that handy to be honest and also starting a new job Monday so I'll be busy....

I'll work on finding a local FR dealer and see what they say. Out FR3 has been nothing but a disaster.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by borismkogan View Post
Thanks for the offer. Not sure I am that handy to be honest and also starting a new job Monday so I'll be busy....

I'll work on finding a local FR dealer and see what they say. Out FR3 has been nothing but a disaster.
Sorry to hear that. Our coach is 2nd hand and has had some shortcomings but nothing to make us wish we hadn’t purchased it. Good luck.
wslow57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment